No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin in Line For Deontay Wilder Mandatory Crack

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Povetkin in Line For Deontay Wilder Mandatory Crack

Olympic gold medal winner Alexander Povetkin (28-1, 20KOs) has been elevated to the number one position in the WBC rankings, coming very close to a mandatory shot at current champion Deontay Wilder (33-0, 32KOs).

Povetkin suffered multiple knockdowns in his 2013 shot at Wladimir Klitschko, and bounced back with solid knockout wins over Manuel Charr and Carlos Takam. Povetkin holds the WBC's silver version of the title at heavyweight.

The WBC had ordered a final eliminator between Povetkin and number two ranked Mike Perez, but there is no word on negotiations for the fight or the fight being ordered by the sanctioning body.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Have a nice trip to Moscow Deontay.

Comment

Povetkin knocks him out.

Comment

Comment

i'm sure al will figure something out, though.

Comment

Povetkin could possibly get his rematch with wlad if he beats perez then wilder. I read a few days ago wilder turned down 10 million to fight povetkin in Russia. I can't confirm if what I read was accurate though. Povetkin is a very tough fight for wilder. he has looked to be in great shape his last 2 fights against charr & takam. takam gave perez a good fight but that doesn't mean povetkin will win. i'm not sure if perez has the power to hurt sasha. he couldn't hurt takam & povetkin knocked him out so I would pick povetkin to win. I think povetkin would take out wilder too. The HW division is starting to look interesting again.

Comment

Good good fight. If you can't beat wlad take th green belt from wilder. Could provetkin "world star" wilder like he's done to his last two opponents!?

Comment

I thought he was supposed to fight Perez? I was really looking forward to this fight

Comment

If we don't get Fury-Wilder, Povetkin-Wilder makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                    If we don't get Fury-Wilder, Povetkin-Wilder makes a lot of sense.
                    fury is klitschko's mandatory. take all the twitter **** away, povetkin - wilder makes more sense, period.

this fight won't happen, though.

american hw champion, bro. that was haymon's plan all along, a russian bum (like some people call him) beating a new hw "champion"? no way.

Comment

Working...
                    X