No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC To Campaign Against Manipulation of Gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBC To Campaign Against Manipulation of Gloves

The World Boxing Council has launched a comprehensive campaign against the manipulation of gloves.

The focus and the aim is to alert coaches, boxers, managers, promoters and matchmakers of the horrendous risks of tampering with boxing gloves for both the fighter wearing them and delivering the blow, as well as the opponent who gets hit.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Say what you want, but WBC definitely is a pioneer in safety.

1) 12 Rounds from 15

2) More weights (i dont mind)

3) Day before weigh ins

4) Thumb attached gloves

Now this

Comment

WBC always like to draw attention to themselves any time they either actually do something good or pretend to do something good that's really awful. Either way that's what they do. They're pioneers in jerking themselves off.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
        Say what you want, but WBC definitely is a pioneer in safety.

1) 12 Rounds from 15

2) More weights (i dont mind)

3) Day before weigh ins

4) Thumb attached gloves

Now this
        You could actually argue each of those changes have been detrimental to the sport.

Shorter fights have robbed fans and boxers of last moment combacks.

How anyone could be for more weight classes is beyond me. Flooded the sport with unworthy champs/challengers and giving fighters an opportunity to go up in weight to avoid challenges at their current weight class.

Day before weigh in allow the fighter to blow up in weight allowing then to balloon 2-3 weight classes bigger than they are regulated to compete in... is that really that safe?

Thumb attached gloves lead to eyepokes in some instances. Not sure of the design of its predecessor though.

Comment

Funny how this comes up before mayweathers fight with the hard hitting maidana.

I smell pu$$y!

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
            You could actually argue each of those changes have been detrimental to the sport.

Shorter fights have robbed fans and boxers of last moment combacks.

How anyone could be for more weight classes is beyond me. Flooded the sport with unworthy champs/challengers and giving fighters an opportunity to go up in weight to avoid challenges at their current weight class.

Day before weigh in allow the fighter to blow up in weight allowing then to balloon 2-3 weight classes bigger than they are regulated to compete in... is that really that safe?

Thumb attached gloves lead to eyepokes in some instances. Not sure of the design of its predecessor though.

- I dont mind more classes, i mean certainly not the amount we have today. They can certainly trim some at the bottom. Its the amount of belts that are the problem. If you are dying to make Welter then Middle is quite a leap. Sure people have done it, but its just better from safety perspective.

- As for the gloves the older ones looked like this:

So yeh id say the current ones are quite safer comparatively speaking.

- Longer fights take alot of toll on your brain. I think 12 is a reasonable amount and 15 too much. They have families too.

- I agree with you on the weights though. I should have thought of that from your angle cuz that is quite a valid point.

Then again even with all i mentioned you can argue both ways depending on you preference.

Comment

Another one of the WBCs self righteous crusades to draw attention away from their inherently corrupt behaviour.

Comment

What about hand wraps? Its criminal that Manny gets away with stacking his wraps

Comment

Originally posted by ImStillHere View Post
                  What about hand wraps? Its criminal that Manny gets away with stacking his wraps
                  Link please?

Comment

Amazing how Mexico, & Reyes go hand in hand!

When you see fighters wearing Reyes gloves, they are always kayo's involved.
                    Big time sluggers wear those gloves.
                    Yes they manufacture those gloves(Mexico) and where is the WBC head from??
                    Also have you ever noticed how small their gloves are compared to Title, Everlast, Ringside, G&S, & Century's gloves????
                    last thing, lots of rumors about the alteration of GGG's gloves as well.(Reyes gloves guys). More than one fighter claimed they felt no real padding from his punches......

Comment

Working...
                    X