No announcement yet.

Diet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet

I'm trying to put on weight but not entirely sure what I should be eating. Can anyone help with daily meals, breakfast, dinner, tea. Etc? Would be appreciated, thanks

Honestly, in my opinion, if you're trying to put on weight eat anything you want and as much as you want and as long as you burn it off all in the gym it's good!

But if you want to be healthy and nutritious here's a few rough thoughts

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 slices of 100% whole wheat bread (or another type of whole grain bread), turkey bacon, apple/banana, and oatmeal.

Snacks: almonds, fruit, greek yogurt, protein bar, oatmeal

Lunch: Turkey patty or turkey slices on wheat bread, add tomato, lettuce but I'd skip on mayo. Sweet potato fries or microwaved sweet potato. Or some type of chicken with brown rice and veggies on the side.

More healthy nutritious snacks

Dinner: Just smack on lots of protein and as little carbs as possible

Comment

Don't take too much pork, beef and other oily products so that all you eat are in balance. You should know the foods that can harm you and can make feel you good. Chicken without skin is more healthy also and lots of vegetables and fruits.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Shuffle View Post
        I'm trying to put on weight but not entirely sure what I should be eating. Can anyone help with daily meals, breakfast, dinner, tea. Etc? Would be appreciated, thanks
        Err, why do you want to put on weight? It won't help your fitness done incorrectly!

If you genuinely want to put on healthy weight, get into body building and purchase some protein powder. Have a read online about beginner bodybuilding programs (technique is key, so seek advice from someone who knows at a local gym) and how much protein to consume daily. The old rule was to exceed 1 gram for every KG of body weight.

Comment

Thanks lads.

The main reason I want to put on weight is because I'm quite tall and skinny. My dad's into bodybuilding so I'll probably ask him for some advice, although I'm not looking to get massive, just put a bit more muscle on.

Comment

Thanks lads.

The main reason I want to put on weight is because I'm quite tall and skinny. My dad's into bodybuilding so I'll probably ask him for some advice, although I'm not looking to get massive, just put a bit more muscle on.
            If your Dad is a bodybuilder, perfect. Just remember that bodybuilding is as much about eating well as training sensibly.

Comment

Try to eat fatty food i think it will work soon. Gaining weight is not a problem but losing it is a big problem.

Comment

The basic diet for weight gain that should contain nutritious, high calorie foods. carbohydrate
                is also essential part for the weight gain. The diet for the carbohydrate meal bread, potatoes, brown
                rice, pasta, couscous,fresh and dried fruit.

Eat more calories than you are eating now. The best way to gain weight is to eat more.
                It is also going to be hard to gain lean mass rather than just mass, but it can be done.
                Just up your calorie intake, and protein intake.In fact no real mysteries when it comes
                to gaining weight. I advise you also, eliminate the cardio for the time being, and add it
                once you get to a more desirable weight.

Comment

Basically consume more than you're burning throughout your day. With the bulk of everything coming from Protein. Then carbs..then fats. In that order. 40-40-20..can't really go wrong with that... If you want to cut a bit of fat to show the muscles you gained (which would be ideal..) you don't want to make it too hard on your cutting cycle... don't go fu cken crazy on dunkin donuts n s hit like that. Drink some protein shakes with milk (instead of water as you would normally) and throw some oatmeal in it for an on the go meal or if you're having trouble actually eating a lot.

Comment

Working...
                  X