No announcement yet.

Champion trainer offers personal training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champion trainer offers personal training

It all started early in 1960. A young man with a dream of championships and victories in the ring. After numerous titles and victories as a boxer the young man opted, instead of fighting as a professional, to teach all that he had learned from the many great trainers that took him under their wings to the youth of Detroit.

This began a 30 year venture of more championships and titles for "The Chippewa Kid", Glenn Wilson, more than he could have imagined. His training began at the Chippewa Recreation Center in Detroit, thus the nick name of "The Chippewa Kid." It was here that Glenn Wilson first began giving the youth of Detroit his boxing expertise aswell as the companionship of a father figure to the many kids being raised by mothers alone. "I just wanted to give something back, ya know.... let these kids see that they have value and self worth."

The kids that Glenn has worked with have found the value and self worth in themselves and Glenn happened to find more than he could have first imagined. "I connect with my boxers, articulating the skills of boxing in a way that they fully understand." Glenn was not only building young men with self esteem, he was building future champions.

Glenn Wilsons boxing teams have always been a formidable force in the Detroit area. Along with numerous local and national titles in the Golden Gloves, Silver Gloves, Diamond Gloves and ABF tournaments, Glenn has enjoyed some prestigous awards himself. In 1983 Glenn won the distinction of being named the National Golden Gloves coach of the year and followed that in 1984 by being awarded the "outstanding coach of the year" honors by Emmanuel Steward. His training regimen in the amatuers has proven to be a success, but thats just the beginning.

Having started Anthony Hembrick and Anthony Jones from the age of 9 years, both world class professionals in their times, he is again at work with his latest proteges. "I have some great young kids working their way up. In time I am sure that they will prove to be formidable forces." That certainty is something that all of Glenns boxers carry with them. The certainty of their skill and conditioning in a way that only Glenn can articulate.

Glenn is always in search of the young men with the heart of a champion. For he knows, that with his knowledge of the game and the skills that his young men will recieve, that they will have the potential to be champions.

This knowledge is now available to the general public in Personal Training sessions with Glenn Wilson, "The Chippewa Kid". An extremely gifted conditioning trainer with the expertise of the pugilistic science, you can now learn from one of the great trainers of Detroit.

For more information please contact:
    Glenn Wilson
    30371 Woodward Ave
    Royal Oak, Mi
    (248) 280-1990

Rockin'
Working...
X