Heavy-Bag/Punching Bag-weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy-Bag/Punching Bag-weight?

Hello I'm new at this forum.

I don't compete. But train a little bit.
    An year ago I sold a punching bag at ebay.
    It was a good offer, bag (Weight 15kg) and gloves (10oz).
    Now the bag (Nylon) is destroyed and I have to buy a new and better one.
    My decision is to buy a leathern punching bag,
    but I don't know which weight I should choose.
    A bag weight of 15 kg is much too less for me, but I've seen bags with a weight of 120 kg (!!!) and think this is very much.

How to choose the right bag weight???

What are the criteriums?

Originally posted by Steiner_Ch
    Hello I'm new at this forum.

I don't compete. But train a little bit.
    An year ago I sold a punching bag at ebay.
    It was a good offer, bag (Weight 15kg) and gloves (10oz).
    Now the bag (Nylon) is destroyed and I have to buy a new and better one.
    My decision is to buy a leathern punching bag,
    but I don't know which weight I should choose.
    A bag weight of 15 kg is much too less for me, but I've seen bags with a weight of 120 kg (!!!) and think this is very much.

How to choose the right bag weight???

What are the criteriums?
    Good thing to do would be to punch some and see what one matches your kind of power the most. If i was to buy a bag tomorrow i would either buy a 40-50 kg one. But thats cos that is the weight i think i would be able to do best with. For you. I cant tell.

Comment

wats ur weight, ur height? u gota get a bag which u cant move much, sumthing dat moves only couple inches wen u smack it hard. it depends on the person ofcoarse, if u got hard punches and if ur powerful, **** like dat

Comment

Yea im kinda screwed with my bag too, its only like 40 pounds so when i hit it, it goes flying

Comment

My weight is 75kg and I'm 177cm tall. I dont want to have a statik bag. The commute-movement is good for my leg work I think. For my distance-feeling a moving bag is good, too.
          But the 15kg don't commute, they fly.
          Yes, it will be a kind of compromise.

Thank's for answering.

Comment

Same with my 70lb bag, I can knock it off its hooks with one shot, its a peice of ****....But hey it only cost like 50$, thats better than a 700$ one for the same weight!

Yeah BTW, whats the difference between the Inexpensive Bags and The Expensive ones? The Everlast Bags that is!

Comment

the expensive ones have very good material on the layer and the cussion inside is alot more comfortable on ur hands, the bottom of the bag is the same density as the top unlike cheap bags where the bottom part is twice as hard

Comment

Yea i have an everlast and after about 2 months of hitting it all the cussion is at the bottom of the bag so usually u have to flip the bag over and move all the cussion back so ur not punching a rock.

Comment

Working...
                X