No announcement yet.

SF Boxing vs. NY Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF Boxing vs. NY Boxing

Over here in the west coast (SF Bay Area) a lot of people who get into boxing also get into the whole MMA craze. Most people who box also do karate, BJJ, judo, wrestling all that stuff.

What's it like in NY the East Coast. Word on the streets is that they got tougher fighters over there.

Not to say that SF fighters aren't tough....i think i'm tough...but i'm a on one.

How's about styles? Do SF fighters fight on their toes more than NY fighters?

im east cost... florida tho. mma craze down here also.

all i can say is boxers do their thing, and mma fighters do their thing.

at my gym, us boxers train hard, and spar hard. train hard and the fight is easy.

Comment

cus d'amato gym upstate ny. Lots of hard fighters in the city but we got a handfull uphere. mma guys too are on the rise. Lots of different styles here. One guy in the gym Fabian said he had a gym in sf.

Comment

We got plenty of mma guys, but their boxing is quite rudimentary.

Usually all the kids who are serious about their boxing only do boxing, and these who box recreatively do something else besides boxing.

Comment

Well MMA competitions are illegal in NY right now.. so guys who do MMA have to fight in Jersey for their fights to be sanctioned.. and I think there is alot more boxers right now.. NYC is a big boxing city.. me personally ima pressure fighter.

Comment

in philly right now its mostly just boxing but in the suburbs they do the whole mma thing... as for our style we have some slick fighters, we got some fast guys, andw e got some sluggers. basically the same as everywhere else

Comment

Originally posted by cusd'amatokid View Post
              cus d'amato gym upstate ny. Lots of hard fighters in the city but we got a handfull uphere. mma guys too are on the rise. Lots of different styles here. One guy in the gym Fabian said he had a gym in sf.
              Fabian? Oh wait....i thought you were talking about Fabio.

Fabian where in SF?

Comment

Originally posted by boxer Q21 View Post
                in philly right now its mostly just boxing but in the suburbs they do the whole mma thing... as for our style we have some slick fighters, we got some fast guys, andw e got some sluggers. basically the same as everywhere else
                Yo, i heard Philly got some fighters? I'm down with Philly. Not the Eagles, but the city.

Don't like the name SF fool you. Not everyone's gay out there. There are some rough spots.

Kings Gym in Oakland is getting famous i think. That's where Andre Ward started, in the O.A.K

Comment

Originally posted by JayWater39 View Post
                  Well MMA competitions are illegal in NY right now.. so guys who do MMA have to fight in Jersey for their fights to be sanctioned.. and I think there is alot more boxers right now.. NYC is a big boxing city.. me personally ima pressure fighter.
                  MMA Bannded in NYC?? That's dope. New York is definately a boxer's town.
                  Do they got good fightes inthe gyms?

Comment

not sure il talk to him when i see him and let u know

Comment

Working...
                    X