Milk a good protein substitute?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milk a good protein substitute?

Hey,
    So I'm one of the few people who can't eat 99.9% of the protein bars in the world because of my soy allergy, so I was wondering if it would be decent to sub in like a pint of skim milk in the afternoon instead of a bar? Because besides whey protein (which i take as a shake at night), and protein bars, it seems milk is the best source of protein with least amount of fat and other additives. I get all my meats in during the day and this is just something small i need in the afternoon while im at work.

That would be good man. But if you can just eat more meat. Pop open a can of tuna.

Comment

Nuts have good protein in em too.

Comment

Originally posted by dafish298 View Post
        Hey,
        So I'm one of the few people who can't eat 99.9% of the protein bars in the world because of my soy allergy, so I was wondering if it would be decent to sub in like a pint of skim milk in the afternoon instead of a bar? Because besides whey protein (which i take as a shake at night), and protein bars, it seems milk is the best source of protein with least amount of fat and other additives. I get all my meats in during the day and this is just something small i need in the afternoon while im at work.
        Yes. Milk can be used as a protein shake subsitutue.

And the above guys are right as well. Tuna is the best with virtually no fat or carbs as far as food is concerned.

Remember to get your fiber in though or else your going to be stopped up.

Comment

thanks, good lookin out. I'm allergic to nuts too lol..I get by though..

Comment

so milk is ok? some other forums I go to swear that milk is the devil and say the calcium and protein is poorly absorbed. Honestly though, I love milk, especially organic milk since its so much tastier

Comment

milk has lots of carbs in it i doubt it has lots of protein , just eat meat, chicken, eggs or a whey shake if u want protein.

Comment

Originally posted by dafish298 View Post
                Hey,

Here is a article I found about eating a bowl of cereal after a workout
                http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKCOL55638520070605

Comment

Originally posted by Fidayin View Post
                  milk has lots of carbs in it i doubt it has lots of protein , just eat meat, chicken, eggs or a whey shake if u want protein.
                  one liter skimmed milk is bout 33gram protein and 48 carbs both good quality

and 330 kcal, pretty good i often drink a liter on my way home from training

cheap, practical and portabel

Comment

yeah u are right , i checkt it out and it containes a good amount of protein.

Comment

Working...
                    X