No announcement yet.

ankles/calves are sore but i still want to train

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ankles/calves are sore but i still want to train

i love training and do it for like 2-3 hours each day except sundays. i wanna be the best. my ankles have been sore but i really want to go in and do some work. if it were the night of a fight, i'd have to fight.. but it's training so i was wondering if i should keep training on sore ankles and hopefully they'll just adjust?

give your ankles a break man; yeah if you've got a fight you have to gut it out through the pain, but there's no use in jeopardizing further issues with your ankles/calves just to get in a training session or two... if you feel like you must do something, just do some bodyweight circuits or somethin; at least it'd give you something rather than doin nothing all day

Comment

I've gotten to the point where my ankles don't hurt even if I jump 1:45 straight. *(almost 2 hours ... not 2 mins for the wise guys)*

So I'd say work through it if you'd like... your body will make itself stronger if it gets no other way out i feel.

Comment

yeah. work through it. how do you think ali got to be able to float for 15 rounds if need be?

Comment

Originally posted by ForemanCrossArm View Post
          yeah. work through it. how do you think ali got to be able to float for 15 rounds if need be?

(Mix of Rocky & YODA voices)

good point he makes

Comment

You could always train standing on your head.......

Comment

Originally posted by DA1CATAS View Post
              I've gotten to the point where my ankles don't hurt even if I jump 1:45 straight. *(almost 2 hours ... not 2 mins for the wise guys)*

So I'd say work through it if you'd like... your body will make itself stronger if it gets no other way out i feel.
              what he said, put your body through trauma - it pays dividends.

Comment

As long as you're sure its just soreness. I stretched out some tendons in my ankles over the summer and it took a while to recover fully, but if its just soreness, work through it.

Comment

Originally posted by FSUNoles46 View Post
                  As long as you're sure its just soreness. I stretched out some tendons in my ankles over the summer and it took a while to recover fully, but if its just soreness, work through it.
                  yea i left that part out... make sure its not something serious though.,...

Comment

kind of random but holyfield always impressed me by constantly jumping up and down for the whole fight at his weight..

Comment

Working...
                    X