By Ryan Maquiñana
Top Rank CEO Bob Arum informed BoxingScene.com Friday afternoon that the proposed Dec. 15 date for welterweight titlist Tim Bradley will no longer take place at New York City’s Madison Square Garden Theater.
“We tried to make the fight there initially, but it turns out it’s already booked for another show, so we’re looking at other places now,” said Arum, who did not specify any backup venues as of yet.
Bradley’s manager Cameron Dunkin said on Thursday that he had been presented with three approved foes, one of whom was 140-pound contender Ruslan Provodnikov.
Another option presented, Zab Judah, was turned down by HBO. A rematch with junior welterweight champion Lamont Peterson is also possible - if Peterson clears up his troubles with the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
Ryan Maquiñana writes a weekly boxing column for CSNBayArea.com. He is a full member of the Boxing Writers Association of America and the Ratings Panel for Ring Magazine. E-mail him at email@example.com , check out his blog at Norcalboxing.net, or follow him on Twitter: @RMaq28. Tags: Timothy Bradley , Bob Arum