WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder believes that he should have been facing Tyson Fury in a rematch - and blames the British boxer for bailing on their second fight.
They fought to a controversial twelve round split draw in December of last year.
Fury's movement and defense was frustrating Wilder during the fight. But Wilder also dropped Fury twice, including one in the twelfth and final round where Fury appeared to be knocked out cold and shocked everyone by beating the count.
They were close to a finalized deal for the rematch earlier this year.
But then Fury pulled a rabbit out of hat, by pulling away from those discussions and instead signing a co-promotional contract with Top Rank, who have an exclusive content deal with ESPN.
Fury will instead face Tom Schwarz on June 15th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, while Wilder will make a mandatory defense against Dominic Breazeale on Saturday night at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
"You saw what happened in that final round didn't you?" said Wilder to Sky Sports.
"He doesn't want to feel that power again. He doesn't want to be lying on the floor looking up to the sky knowing that I can find this punch at any moment I choose no matter how I've performed. His family don't want to see him like that and that's the reason why he left discussions for our rematch and ran all the way to Top Rank and ESPN because he can't beat me on my worst ever night."
Wilder is not looking to waste any time this weekend, he aims to blast Breazeale out.
"This guy has wanted this fight for so long now, but once that first bell goes, he's going to see what every other heavyweight who has shared the ring with me has seen and that's Deontay Wilder, the true king of the heavyweight division, the man who will be the man, and the man who will be the last one standing when all is said and done," Wilder said.