By Simon Green, courtesy of The Daily Star
TYSON FURY has claimed Anthony Joshua was once left terrified after being challenged to a street fight by The Gypsy King.
Fury, 30, is currently training for his mouth-watering encounter against WBC champion Deontay Wilder, 33, on December 1, at Los Angeles’ Staples Center.
Many thought Wilder’s next fight would have been against WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO champ Anthony Joshua, but it was his countryman who agreed the bout first.
There is no love lost between the two unbeaten Brits, with Fury previously calling AJ nothing but a “bodybuilder”.
And he has mocked the 29-year-old once more in a new interview with former MMA star and podcast host Brendan Schaub.
“Joshua’s team will never fight me,” he said on the clip for US broadcaster Showtime.
“Because I know you need balls like King Kong to step in a ring with Tyson Fury and they haven’t got that.
“He [Joshua] seems spirited doesn’t he?
“But when I stood face-to-face with him and asked him if he wanted to take [the fight] outside his a*** started flapping and he sh*t himself.
“I wasn’t in shape but I’d have taken him outside and kicked his c*nt right in for him.
“If a man said that to me – I don’t care if I was unfit or not – he’d be outside and punched.
“We’d have to have a fight but he didn’t want to know.”
SHOWTIME Sports will chronicle the buildup to the heavyweight blockbuster event featuring WBC Heavyweight World Champion Deontay Wilder and lineal heavyweight champion Tyson Fury with a new installment of ALL ACCESS, a three-part series beginning Saturday, November 17 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on SHOWTIME.
Episode two of ALL ACCESS: WILDER VS. FURY will premiere Saturday, November 24 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. ALL ACCESS EPILOGUE, which spotlights the intensity of fight night and the solemn aftermath of world championship prizefighting like never before, will premiere on Saturday, December 8.