The Turkish Boxing Federation announced on Tuesday that a boxer and a coach tested positive for coronavirus.
The federation said on its website that after the cancellation of the Olympic qualification event in the UK, the boxing team returned to Turkey and two members of the team tested positive for COVID-19.
"Our national athlete Serhat Guler is currently in good condition at the hospital in Istanbul. He will be discharged from the hospital within three days. Our trainer Seyfullah Dumlupinar also underwent treatment at the local hospital in [northeastern Turkish province of] Bayburt," Chairman Eyup Ozgec said on the federation's website.
He also added that other members have been placed under mandatory a 14-day quarantine in their own homes.
37 people have died of the virus in Turkey, with 1,529 cases confirmed.
After emerging in Wuhan, China last December, the virus has spread to at least 169 countries and regions around the globe, with over 407,400 cases and more than 18,200 deaths, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.
Over 104,000 people diagnosed with COVID-19 have recovered from the disease.
It was officially announced on Tuesday that 2020 Olympics, scheduled to take lace in Tokyo, would be pushed back to 2021. The opening ceremony had been planned for July 24. The Olympic flame will remain stored and displayed in Fukushima.