On Thursday night, former four division world champion Roy Jones Jr ended his professional boxing career with a unanimous points-decision victory over Scott Sigmon and left with a parting shot at disgraced UFC star Anderson Silva.
The 49-year-old defeated Sigmon in his 75th pro fight in Florida, with all three judges returning scorecards of 98-92 in the cruiserweight bout.
In the lead up to the fight, Jones had signalled he would bring his career of almost 30 years to a close, and the American showed no signs of going back on that decision.
Jones, who won world titles at middleweight, super middleweight, light heavyweight and heavyweight level, did say there was one man he would return for - former UFC fighter Silva, who is serving a doping ban.
Prior to Thursday's fight, Jones revealed that he suffered a torn bicep in his left arm, an injury which plagued him a few fights back - but he refused to withdraw.
"I knew Scott was tough, I knew Scott was game, and I knew Scott was gonna keep coming. I don't make excuses. But last week I tore my biceps in my left arm again. But because it was my last fight in Pensacola, I refused to pull out," Jones said.
After the fight, Jones sent a message that he still wanted to chase down a fight with Silva - under boxing rules. Both fighters are willing to make that fight, but it all comes down to the UFC giving Silva the green light.
In his prime, Silva was pushing hard to box Jones, but the UFC always rejected his request to do so.
However, there could be some progress in that matter - because Jones' final fight was picked up and streamed by UFC's Fight Pass streaming service.
"Dana [White, UFC president], I know you're listening. I know Anderson's suspended. But that's the only other fight Roy Jones will return to the ring for. Other than that, chapter's closed," Jones said.