By Haxel Ruben Murillo
Former two division world champion Ricardo "Matador" Mayorga (31-9-1, 25 KOs) will return to the ring in February of next year, confirmed former champion turned promoter Rosendo Alvarez and his wife Ruth Rodriguez.
Navarro has not fought since August 24, 2013, when he lost against Dmitry Chudinov. Meanwhile, Mayorga last fought on August 29 when he was knocked out by Shane Mosley in six rounds, and that was believed would end his career, but the wild man is looking to continue.
Mayorga's event will take place at Puerto Salvador Allende, where he previously appeared on December 20, 2014.
"Mayorga's fight will take place on February 13, 2016 at an event that will take place at Puerto Salvador Allende. His opponent is Venezuelan Jorge Navarro, an opponent who has played world title. Ricardo is already training and is more committed, he has changed," said Alvarez.
Navarro has a record of 12 wins (10 KOs) and only 2 losses. In those two defeats, one was for interim world middleweight title of the World Boxing Association (WBA) against DmitryChudinov, and he succumbed by way of knockout in the second round.
Mayorga, who is 42-years-old, is still determined to make one final run to a world title shot. He says he lost a ton of weight for the rematch with Mosley and this time he's stayed close to being around the junior middleweight/middleweight division and wants to show people that he is not yet finished.