Kubrat Pulev (25-1, 14 KOs) is still very much interested in a showdown with IBF, IBO, WBA heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (20-0, 20 KOs).
The two were scheduled to fight last October, before a crowd of 78,000 at Principality in Cardiff, Wales.
With less than two weeks to go, the Bulgarian contender withdrew from the fight with a shoulder injury suffered during training camp.
Pulev was quickly replaced by Carlos Takam, who was stopped in the tenth round by Joshua. The fight with Takam was approved by the IBF as a mandatory defense.
But Pulev, who is still highly ranked by the WBA and IBF, is still gunning to get Joshua in the ring, according to the challenger's promoter Nisse Sauerland.
"He's still, I would say, [one of the] top three or four heavyweights out there at the moment, so the AJ fight is not forgotten," said Sauerland to Sky Sports.
"Of course [Pulev still wants the Joshua fight]. I don't know if Joshua still wants it. It's a big fight for Pulev, anyone fighting against Joshua is now.
"He's eclipsed the world champion boxer, eclipsed the heavyweight world champions, he's a world superstar."
Another possible option for Pulev could be a showdown with WBA "regular" champion Manuel Charr, who last year captured the WBA 'regular' heavyweight title with an impressive unanimous decision win over Alexander Ustinov.
Pulev, who suffered his only career defeat in 2014 when he was knocked out by Wladimir Klitschko, holds a knockout victory over Ustinov.
"We're obviously planning his next move at the moment," Sauerland said.
"He's obviously very disappointed about pulling out so close to the fight. A huge event, but obviously at the same time, a huge pay day.
"With Charr winning, there's a few options out there now. It's a viable fight definitely for Pulev."
Joshua is heading in the direction of a unification bout with WBO world champion Joseph Parker. Their bout is slated to be announced later this week, and is likely taking place on March 31, also at Principality in Cardiff.