By Alexey Sukachev, photos by Allboxing.ru
Former junior welterweight titleholder Ruslan Provodnikov made weight for his bout Friday night in Moscow against Jose Luis Castillo, coming in at 146.6 pounds while Castillo, the highly faded former lightweight champ, came in at 146.2.
Provodnikov is coming off a split decision loss to Chris Algieri in June, a defeat that left him without the belt he had won at 140 pounds over Mike Alvarado last year. Castillo has pickd up two wins since dropping a decision to Antwone Smith in early 2013.
On the undercard:
- Notable actor Mickey Rourke, who briefly fought as a pro boxer two decades ago and went 6-0-2 with 4 KOs, is coming back to the ring at age 61. He weighed 179.2 pounds, as did his opponent, Elliot Seymour.
- Undefeated cruiserweight prospect Dmitry Kudryashov came in 199.1 pounds. Long-ago cruiserweight titleholder Juan Carlos Gomez was overweight at 203.7 pounds.
- Rakhim Chakhkiev was 199.3 pounds. Jackson Junior came in at 183.9 pounds.
- Andrey Klimov was 129.85 pounds. Gabino Cota was 129.4.
- Eduard Troyanovskiy came in at 140 pounds. Jose Augustin Feria weighed 139.8.
- Sergey Lipinets was 139.6 pounds. Ernie Sanchez came in at 140.4 ( Note: Sanchez later stepped on the scales for a second time and was 139.6 pounds)
- Egor Mekhontsev weighed 174.4 pounds. Joey Vegas was 177.25.
- Dmitry Bivol was 179 pounds. Jorge Rodriguez Olvera was 173.3.
- Sergey Kuzmin came in at 259.7 pounds. Nicolas Buule weighed 199.7.