Otto Wallin's promoter, Dmitriy Salita, has expressed interest in a potential 2020 showdown with WBC interim-champion Dillian Whyte.
Whyte saw action earlier this month in Saudi Arabia, where he picked up a unanimous decision win over Mariusz Wach.
In a recent interview, Whyte explained that he plans to fight again in March or April - with several names being mentioned as possible opponents - including Wallin.
Wallin is coming off a very unexpected performance.
He went the full twelve round distance with unbeaten Tyson Fury back in September in Las Vegas.
During the fight, he landed a solid shot that opened up a very serious cut above Fury's right eye. There were some very tense moments, as Fury's corner feared the contest could get stopped - which in turn would have given Wallin a TKO win. The fight was allowed to continue and Fury won a unanimous decision.
A win over Whyte, who is in line for a world title shot, is certainly an opportunity of interest to Salita.
"Otto is one of the best heavyweights in the world. His goal is to beat the best in the division and win a world title. A fight with Whyte for the WBC 'interim' title could be an interesting possibility in 2020," Salita told Sky Sports.
While Whyte is in line to fight Wilder, he doubts the fight will ever take place. Wilder will face Fury in a rematch on February 22, at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
"I'm not confident of anything to do with Deontay Wilder anymore," Whyte told Sky Sports earlier this month. "The WBC want me to fight, I want the fight, I'm mandatory, but Deontay Wilder don't want to fight.
"What more can I do? I can't do any more. Deontay Wilder is a coward. He's a proper coward."