Unbeaten heavyweight standout LaRon Mitchell (15-0, 13 KOs) of San Francisco defends his NABF Junior title for the first time against Michael Bissett (14-9, 8 KOs) of Tampa, Fla. on Friday, Aug. 25 from Omega Products International in Corona, Calif.
The 8-round "Path to Glory" main event, along with the entire undercard, will be streamed live on TB Presents: Path to Glory.
Tickets priced at $40, $60, & $100 are available for purchase on ThompsonBoxing.com or by calling 714-935-0900.
Mitchell's last outing came in October when he outpointed Scott Alexander to win the vacant NABF Junior heavyweight title. After registering five wins in 2015 and 2016, the current length of inactivity is the longest of Mitchell's young career. The time off, however, is by design.
"I got a late start in the sport so it was important to be active early on," said Mitchell, who turned 37 in May. "Now that I've built up my resume, I can be more selective in when I fight."
Mitchell's opponent, Bissett, has spent time in both the cruiserweight and heavyweight divisions. His marquee fight came early in his career - a knockout loss to recent world title challenger Dominic Breazeale.
Mitchell holds an amateur win over Breazeale and has previously sparred with top heavyweights Deontay Wilder and Charles Martin. After winning his first 13 fights by knockout, Mitchell has gone the distance in his last two outings. By being aggressive early, Mitchell plans to start a new knockout win streak.
"Heavyweights are the main course and fans want to see knockouts," said Mitchell, who earned a runner-up finish at the 2012 U.S. National Championships. "I'm planning to put Bissett on his back."
In the 8-round co-feature, NABF Junior featherweight champion Erick Ituarte (17-1-1, 2 KOs) of Santa Ana, Calif. makes his first title defense against Alberto Torres (10-0-2, 4 KOs) of Modesto, Calif.
Ituarte, who is sitting on a ten fight winning streak, won a split decision against Isaac Zarate in May to win the vacant NABF Junior featherweight title. Ituarte's fan friendly style of all out pressure was won him significant fans across Southern California.
"I like to attack," Ituarte said. "Some fighters like to sit back for the first few rounds, but I don't like to waste any time. I think Torres is going to have a hard time."
The featured bout on the "Path to Glory" undercard pits a pair of undefeated junior lightweights in Roberto Meza (8-0, 4 KOs) of Temecula, Calif. and Giovanni Cabrera-Mioletti (8-0, 2 KOs) of Chicago (6-rounds).
It's a quick turn around for Meza, as he won a split decision against Juan Sandoval on July 21 on a Thompson Boxing card from Ontario, Calif.
Popular, unbeaten bantamweight Rudy Garcia (5-0, 1 KO) of Los Angeles tests his flawless record against Josue Morales (4-6-3) of Houston in a bout set for 6-rounds.
Additionally, bantamweight prospect Saul Sanchez (3-0, 2 KOs), who trains with Joel Diaz in Indio, Calif., will face an opponent to be named later (4-rounds).
Opening the "Path to Glory" show is junior welterweight Ruben Torres (pro debut) of Los Angeles and Ernest Knight (0-1) (4-rounds).
Watch the LIVESTREAM on ThompsonBoxing.com or on the Thompson Boxing Facebook Page beginning at 8:00 p.m. PST / 11:00 p.m. EST.
The "Path to Glory" broadcast team features Beto Duran on play-by-play, with Steve Kim providing expert color commentary.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. local time with the first bout at approximately 8:00 p.m. The Omega Products International is located at 1681 California Ave., Corona, CA 92881 and can be reached at 951-737-7447.
SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO - Two-time Puerto Rican Olympian Jeyvier Cintron will have his first six-round bout, while former Olympian Victor Bisbal will fight for a regional heavyweight belt in the show "Noche de Campeones en Casino Metro Boxing Nights", which is featured by the match between world contenders McWilliams Arroyo and Hernan "Tyson" Márquez on Saturday, September 9, at the San Juan Ballroom of the Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino in San Juan, presented by PR Best Boxing Promotions (PRBBP).
Cintron (2-0, 1 KO's), the only Puerto Rican fighter to participate in two Olympics (2012 and 2016), will make his first fight scheduled to six rounds in just his third professional fight after a pro debut in April winning an unanimous decision victory over the experienced Mexican Leonardo Reyes, who had 18 fights, and a victory by TKO in two rounds in July over Chilean Guillermo Dejeas, who had more than 15 bouts. Cintron will face Mexican Gilberto Mendoza (5-5-2, 1 KOs) at 118 pounds.
"We continue to shape this next event and add Jeyvier in his first six round-fight and Bisbal fighting for a WBO title against a Brazilian boxer, which should be interesting, but we are working to add several good fights to the fans' liking," said Ivan Rivera, president of PRBBP.
While, Bisbal (22-3, 16 KOs) will return to the ring after an inactivity of 14 months to face Brazilian Edson Dos Santos (29-3-2, 24 KOs) for the WBO Latino belt in the heavyweight division. Bisbal was an olympic from Puerto Rico in 2004, gold medalist at the 2002 Central American and Caribbean Games and bronze at the 2003 Panamerican Games in representation of the Island.
Headlining the card will be world title challenger McWilliams Arroyo (16-3, 14 KOs) and former world champion Tyson Márquez (42-8-2, 29 KOs) fighting for the WBO Latino flyweight title.