A disrespected Anthony Mundine plans to inflict his wrath on Jeff Horn in their boxing bout next month.
Mundine on Monday returned early from a camp in the United States, but on Tuesday denied it had anything to do with Horn's suggestions last week that the veteran wasn't pulling his weight in promoting the November 30 bout at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium.
"I'm the the mouth of this game. I've been the heart of this game for the most part of two decades, let him do some promotion," Mundine said on Tuesday.
"I do feel disrespected and he's going to face the brunt of that, he's going to feel the wrath of that.
"I'm going to cut him up real good just like a watermelon.
'I'm quicker, I'm bigger, I'm stronger. The only thing he's got going for him which is effective for him is he's awkward, he's very unconventional.
"He throws punches like he just come out of the pub, I've just got to be ready."
He cited family rather than promotion as the reason for his early return.
"I'm my own man, I do what I want to do when I want to do it," he said.
'I just felt sincerely in my heart that I need to be home close to my family - they are the reason that motivates me."
Mundine said he intended going out in a blaze of glory, with him having previously declared the Brisbane bout would be his last.
But on Tuesday he allowed himself a little bit of wriggle room.
"If I get a massive offer, a crazy offer to fight (Manny) Pacquiao or someone who can motivate me to fight again for a big stage or a big pay it's a different story," Mundine said.
"You'd have to have a look at it but in my head this is my last one."
Mundine still has to drop between six to seven kilos to make the 71kg limit for the fight, but expected to lose most of that in the last couple of weeks.
While he's 13 years older than Horn, Mundine said the Queenslander was banking too much on that factor.
"He's going to get tired before I get tired, believe that," Mundine said.