What Is Failing Forward?
What an absurd statement! Absurd or not, progress is not possible without failure. It is part of being an evolving and growing human being.
Failing forward is about leveraging mistakes; making a realistic assessment of risks and the ability to live with the downside and experiment with new approaches. FAILING FORWARD is an investment in human success.
Look at it this way:
1. Failing forward is really about achievement as a series of trial and error opportunities.
2. You, as a person, are not a failure. Failure is a state of mind.
3. You are not a vicim. Take responsibility for what you can control and into a position of power.
4. You can control how you let a trauma affect you.
5. The present is the only place real opportunity exists and where you can take action.
6. Lettting go of limiting beliefs may be hard on the ego, but your ability to move forward will increase dramatically.
7. When you have a vision, you have a view that puts failure in its proper perspective.
8. There is always uncertainty when you try something new.
9. You can't make significant progress by doing it all yourself. Let your environment and network do some of the work.
10. Often, the only difference between success and failure, is simple persistence.
11. Knowing when to let go and try something else is important. Failing forward is about getting up and moving on.
(My notes from a recent study group called: Failing Forward www.failingforwardtosuccess.com)
About The Author
Marilyn J. Tellez, M.A.
Certified Job and Career Transition Coach
Nothing To Lose
I stormed out of the office and headed for the patio area in front of my office building. It was October 2003, and everybody knew what happened.
Persistence will carve you as a leader in your industry. Persistence is where you get mental strength.
What Would You Do If You Knew You Could Not Fail?
The next time you find yourself relaxing on the couch, having popped some corn and about to watch the "Sopranos", instead, pose this $1,000,000 lottery question to yourself and see what flows. What would you do if you knew you could not fail? Would you work, not work? If you knew anything you touched or did held the possibility for success - whatever that is, what would you do? If there were no time constraints, no obstacles, no self-doubt, what would you do?Some of you are already saying, "What's the point of this!?" "This will never be real!" "Who's got a million dollars??Not me!" Well, the whole point is to have you dream.
7 Tips For Unstoppable Motivation And Enduring Success
Procrastination is of no use to you in your quest to fulfill your dreams. Lose those old habits and replace them with habits that lead to self-motivation and control over your life.
Can You Can Can? What You Can Do If You Really Go For It
One hundred years ago the laundry girls of Montmartre invented a street dance which became known as the Can Can. Some dancers love it and some hate it.
Are you a melancholic online business owner by nature? I have something to tell you.In case you do not know what melancholy is, a melancholic person is someone who has a very detailed attitude.
9 Ways to Motivate Yourself When You Just Dont Feel Like It
Achieving the really big goals and dreams always involves breaking it down into do-able little steps. Assuming that you've picked a goal or dream that you really love working at, then most of the steps are a delight to take.
A Quick Observation of the Low Class
We can all learn a valuable lesson about the types of behavior and attitudes to avoid like the plague, simply by observing the characteristics of people we all know are low class. Being low class is not a function of the lack of money or social status.
12 Powerful Motivational Tools That Guarantee Success
No matter how many years you spend in a classroom or fromwhat social class or lifestyle, motivation is the commonfactor among those who are high achievers.Finding the tools to put meaning and purpose in your life,developing a vision, and becoming highly motivated can leadyou towards a successful and exciting life.