Advertisement: IBO Boxing
Advertisement
Boxingscene.com
Advertisement

Mayorga Says Don King Stole His De La Hoya Money

By Miguel Rivera

On Thursday morning in a Miami courtroom, a judge will decide is the Shane Mosley vs. Ricardo Mayorga rematch will go forward next Saturday night at the Forum in Los Angeles, California.

Last week, promoter Don King filed a lawsuit claiming that Mayorga was under contract with him and he is attempting to prevent the fight from happening. He says Mayorga went around him to make a deal with Mosley, who is using his own promotional company to back the pay-per-view card.

Mayorga alleges that King has been robbing him for years and now alleges that King took all of the money from the pay-per-view fight against Oscar De La Hoya in 2006.

"He will not stop the fight. This man is ridiculous, and his time has passed. He just has a desire to disrupt. Has he not stolen enough from me? Like he stole $21 million from the pay-per-view with De La Hoya. He told me it didn't make any money and it was most successful event of the year," Mayorga told ESPN Deportes.

User Comments and Feedback
Comment by lefthook2daliva on 08-20-2015

What happened to "Viva Don King!!!1". He used to say that chit alla time.

Comment by Eff Pandas on 08-20-2015

What the f#ck kinda dumbass is Mayorga to not get his money if he legit believes King stole from him. I feel like Mayorga is the victim of the small print like so many other fighters with these sketchy ass…

Comment by PunchyPotorff on 08-20-2015

The sanctioning bodies would make themselves more useful if they flat out banned King from the sport. Not his fighters.... HIM. Don't allow him to attend the fights, don't allow him to be involved in the promotion, nothing. A unified…

Comment by microMXL on 08-20-2015

I remember when Mayorga tried to fight Din Thomas in MMA, Don King did the same sh1t

Comment by BaDaBiNgVIP on 08-20-2015

should have read the fine print on the contract. all promoters dig into your payday. these fighters have a lot of people on the payroll, trainers, cutmen, assistants. they also pay a lot of promotional fees and governing body sanctioning…

ADD COMMENT VIEW COMMENTS (15)
Advertisement
Top Headlines
Gilberto Ramirez Eyes July 25 Return, Says Bivol More Dangerous Than Beterbiev Nevada Commission Rolls Out Testing Protocol For Closed Doors Events Roman Gonzalez vs. Andrew Moloney Should Be Next, Says WBA Prez Tyson Fury on Joshua: I’ll Knock Him Out in Two To Three Rounds Fury is Top Paid Combat Sports Star on Forbes 2020 'Highest Paid Athletes' List Chris Jericho Aims To Expand The Mike Tyson Storyline, Box Him Thurman: Give Me Four Years, I Can Make Jameis Winston A Contender Mike Tyson Offered $1.1 Million For Peter McNeeley Rematch Froch Reacts To Groves: Referee Did Him a Massive Favor in First Fight Porter Receptive to Garcia Rematch, Dismissive Of Return Bout With Ugas Haney: I'll Stay At 135 For Maybe Another Year; Eventually See Myself At 154 Fury Co-Trainer Andy Lee: Breland Saved Wilder's Career With By Throwing In Towel Jose Ramirez 'Definitely' Wants To Fight Crawford When He Moves Up To 147 Angelo Leo Aims To Become Multi-Division Champion Shuan Boxing To Work With ESPN, D.R. Officials To Reschedule May 30 Show Bellew Gives Ngannou "Zero Chance" To Beat Whyte in Boxing Callum Johnson vs. Joshua Buatsi Could Have Title at Stake, Says Hearn Whyte Expects Fury To Beat Deontay Wilder Up - Explains Why Giovani Santillan Signs Co-Promotional With Top Rank, Return on June 16 Goossen: Fury Learned New Game In One Camp; Why Can't Wilder Learn To Fight Inside? Baranchyk-Zepeda Crossroads Bout Eyed For July 9 In Las Vegas Dana White: Mike Tyson Has Something Lined Up, Something Big Jermall Charlo Named As A Suspect In Aggravated Assault Case; No Arrests Made Gilberto Jesus Mendoza To Remain as WBA President Until 2025 Luis Ortiz: I Just Need a Name and Date - I'll Even Go Against Mike Tyson! May 30 Show in Santo Domingo Canceled By D.R. Government Jessie Vargas: Liam Smith Fight is One I Am Definitely Interested In Omar Rosario, P.R. Olympic Hopeful To Turn Pro, Signs With VanNewhouse Erik Morales Fires Back at Juan Manuel Marquez: You Didn't Want To Fight! Showtime Reveals June Schedule of Classic Fights Whyte-Povetkin, Taylor-Serrano on August 8 or 15, Fight Camp PPV Ramirez: We Might See Better Hooker Against Prograis Than When He Faced Me Porter: I Don't Know If Crawford Fight Makes Sense Right Now Saunders: I'm Very Confident I Would Stop Andrade Because Of His Style Fury Co-Trainer Andy Lee: Wilder Needs To Be More Aggressive In Trilogy IBF: As Of Now, Joseph Diaz Scheduled To Make Mandatory vs. Rakhimov Frank Warren Backs Charlie Edwards To Win Another World Title Mayweather Signs On For Celebrity Boxing Event - Will Not Fight Davison: You Have To Admire The Self-Belief of Deontay Wilder Joe Joyce's Manager Warns Whyte: Ngannou Can Box at a High Level!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Latest Forum Threads
Advertisement
Advertisement