Manny Pacquiao plans to continue fighting after taking on Lucas Matthysse for the WBA welterweight title on July 15.
The 39-year-old, a former world champion at eight different weights, will return to the ring in Kuala Lumpur, over a year on from suffering his seventh defeat to Jeff Horn in Brisbane.
Pacquiao's career has tailed off since defeat to Floyd Mayweather Jr. in May 2015, a hotly anticipated fight that failed to live up to the billing with the American winning through a unanimous decision.
The Filipino hopes to establish a positive legacy when he does retire permanently, but he does not anticipate that being after his clash with Matthysse.
"I want them to remember me after my career not only as a champion, but as being an inspiration to everyone, being a good person," he told BBC Sport.
"This is not my last fight. It's one to prove that I am still there in boxing and that my career is not over yet."
The bout will be Pacquiao's first without longtime trainer Freddie Roach, who was replaced by the boxer's lifelong friend and the career-long assistant trainer Buboy Fernandez.
"That's Manny's decision. Manny has told me Buboy will be handling the training on this fight," Pacquiao adviser Michael Koncz told ESPN earlier this month. "What's important to Manny is that he has one voice to listen to in the corner that he trusts, and I guess that's Buboy for this fight."
Matthysse, the dangerous 36-year-old champion from Argentina who tallied 36 knockouts out of his 39 wins, and against only four losses, has started training with Joel Diaz. Diaz also trained Timothy Bradley, whom Pacquiao has faced thrice in the past.
“This is the fight I have always wanted. The opportunity to fight a future Hall of Famer such as Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao inspires me to work harder than ever to earn a victory for my fans. I know that it will not be easy. But I will defend my title with honor and represent my country Argentina with pride,” said Matthysse.