According to former two division world champion Paulie Malignaggi, there is no truth that to the rumors that UFC superstar Conor McGregor was stopped or dropped in his training camp.
Malignaggi says those rumors first began when former world champion Jessie Vargas conducted a video interview and said he informed that McGregor had already been knocked out in a sparring session. Vargas never revealed the name of the boxer who knocked McGregor out.
After Vargas conducted that interview, the rumors of McGregor getting drilled in camp grew larger and larger.
Malignaggi was hired by McGregor's camp as a sparring partner.
The MMA fighter is training for his pro boxing debut, on August 26th, against five division champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. The bout takes place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
Mayweather, 40 years old, returns to the ring for the first time since he announced his retirement in September of 2015.
McGregor explains why the McGregor rumors are bogus and why nobody outside of the camp members would even be present for the camp.
"That [claim that McGregor was knocked out] was all B.S. stuff. I think when these reports first came out, he was just returning from a press tour in Europe. The person who was saying that, Jessie Vargas, that he saw Conor get knocked out. That was physically impossible. Conor arrived in Las Vegas that Saturday, it was 2-3 weeks ago. Saturday he arrived and that Sunday the interview with Jessie Vargas came out. He said Conor got knocked out, which is physically impossible unless Conor was flying 14 hours and then sparring the same day," Malignaggi told The Rich Eisen Show.
"Also, another thing is, we train at the UFC headquarters and its very private so nobody can come in. You are not going to get anybody out there who doesn't belong in the gym."