Anthony Joshua has placed the blame on Tyson Fury's handlers for what transpired last month with their planned unification breaking down.
Joshua and Fury were in line to collide on August 14th in Saudi Arabia - but before the contest could be finalized the fight was derailed when an arbitrator ordered Fury to honor a rematch clause due to Deontay Wilder.
Fury will now defend the WBC heavyweight title against Wilder in a trilogy fight on July 24 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
And Joshua will defend his IBF, IBO, WBA and WBO titles against mandatory challenger Oleksandr Usyk in September at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London.
While they are currently on different paths for the moment, Joshua expects to face Fury down the line.
"Unfortunately his team let the whole boxing world down," Joshua told Sky Sports. "I will still be here, still ready to put on a show."
"[I could face Fury at the] end of the year. Let me get past Usyk first. But with or without Usyk in my life, I will fight Fury. Usyk isn't the be-all and end-all. Usyk doesn't determine the Fury fight. The Fury fight has to happen. It's a big fight, bigger than boxing, bigger than the belts. It will happen. After the Usyk fight, after I defend my belts. The fight will be bigger, better than what it would have been."
Fury made it clear last week that he would first handle Wilder and then go after the unification with Joshua.
But, the Olympic gold medal winner is confident that if they fight he will walk away with the win.
"I am 100 percent sure that I will fight him and win. You've got to ask him the same question. I'm not too sure [what he would say]," Joshua said.
"We did everything. During a global pandemic, the toughest time to organize a fight like that, we managed to have 20,000 fans available, a site fee, the media ready, my name was on the contract, I was in training. Then boom, they cancelled. I stay ready to fight them all because I'm a throwback fighter."