By Miguel Rivera
As previously reported on BoxingScene.com, former three time world champion Humberto "Zorrita" Soto has finalized his return to the ring.
On the 1st of October in his native Los Mochis, Sinaloa, the former world champion at featherweight, super featherweight and lightweight, will come back to the ring against Daniel Ruiz (34-9-2, 24 KOs) in a junior welterweight fight over the ten round distance. Originally it was said that Soto would be facing Alvaro "Tyson" Robles. It will be Soto's first fight in over a year.
The entire event will be presented by the most powerful promotional outfit in Mexico, Zanfer Promotions.
Soto, guided by his legal adviser Antonio "Cañas" Lozada, managed to accumulate a professional record of 65 wins, 35 of these by way knockout, in exchange for nine defeats and two draws.
In its most recent commitment (on September 3, 2015), he lost a decision to up and coming welterweight Antonio Orozco at the StubHub Center in Carson, California.
Considered a true globetrotter, "Zorrita" Soto has never had issues with getting on a plane to step on the big stage in Mexico and the United States, and the 36-year-old veteran is hoping to have a triumphant return to begin the road back as he begins his next conquest for a world championship.
"I know I can do this, and to get this done I need to work hard," said Soto, who is preparing for this fight in his homeland. "I will go in there with everything. I am still in a good moment in my career and I can do it."
Despite his youth, 26 year old Ruiz has extensive experience in boxing with performances in several countries against top opponents.
"I've rethought my life, my career and I accepted the fight with Soto because I can defeat him. He is in his last stage as a boxer and I am in my prime. 'Zorrita' is the key that will lead me to a world title fight, so I will give everything in the ring to win on Saturday," Ruiz said.