By Nick Parkinson, courtesy of The Daily Star

DAVID HAYE has told Vitali Klitschko he should be ashamed of Saturday’s defence and he would not last six rounds with him.

The Briton is desperate to face the WBC world heavyweight ­champion, who stopped Germany-based Syrian Manuel Charr – with a nasty cut above his eye – in the fourth round.

Klitschko has been linked with fighting Brit Haye but if he wins an election to enter Ukraine’s parliament next month, he’ll hang up his gloves.

The 41-year-old, whose political ­party are currently third in the opinion polls, floored Charr, 27, in the second round at Moscow’s ­Olympic Indoor Arena.

But Haye was still left unimpressed by the 6ft 7in Ukrainian.

"Dr Ironfist’ has yet to announce his future plans but Haye hopes he will get the chance to face another ­Klitschko after being outpointed by Vitali’s younger brother Wladimir last year.

The WBC governing body has ­forgiven Haye, 31, for his brawl with ­fellow Londoner Dereck Chisora at a press conference following Chisora’s points defeat to Vitali in February.

Haye has since stopped Chisora in the ring last July and says a fight against Germany-based Klitschko would be the biggest in the nation’s ­boxing history.

He said: “I was very ­disappointed with Vitali’s performance and I would love to get in with him and knock him out.

“I saw so many holes in his defence. He would not last six rounds with me.

“I would throw clusters of punches. Vitali is a ­warrior but his chin is not better than my punch.

“His performance was terrible. He should be ashamed of himself.

“Bernd Boente, the ­Klitschkos’ manager, said after Vitali’s fight with Chisora that we should fight each other and the winner then fights Vitali.

“I’ve done my part and I hope Vitali is a man of his word and fights me. It will be the biggest fight in ­Germany and one of the biggest in boxing history.

“It would be a huge fight and I want it desperately.”

Klitschko dominated ­every round in his 11th successive defence and floored Charr in the second round with a glancing shot to the top of the head.

After being caught by a left, Charr began pouring with blood and the contest was immediately stopped after the referee consulted the ringside doctor.