Dillian Whyte has told Anthony Joshua "he can have it" next
April if his fellow Brit's plan to face Deontay Wilder fails to materialise.
World champions Joshua and Wilder have so far failed to agree terms for a money-spinning unification clash, with the former now scheduled to face Alexander Povetkin instead in his next outing, on September 22, at Wembley Stadium.
The same venue is already booked up for the IBO, IBF, WBA and WBO holder in April 13 2019, potentially for a showdown against the American puncher in possession of the WBC title.
Whyte, however, is willing to step in and face either man should negotiations prove unsuccessful, having raised his own profile by recording a points win over Joseph Parker on Saturday.
When asked who he would ideally like to face next following his triumph over Parker, Whyte replied: "I don't care. There's Wilder and Joshua, but to fight one of those two I'm going to have to wait until April."
Former two division world champion David Haye was sitting ringside, and he believes Whyte did more than enough to earn a world title shot.
"I was very impressed, it was a great fight," Haye said, speaking exclusively to Sky Sports.
"For Whyte, it was about performing on this stage and showing he is one of the big boys in the division. He showed he deserves a crack at one of the world champions.
"Parker has never been knocked down in sparring or a fight before so that shows how powerful Whyte is. Both didn't leave anything in the tank, Whyte took some tremendous shots in that final round, went down, and he showed true heart and grit. He learnt from the Anthony Joshua fight. In that one, when he got hurt, he tried to go toe to toe. This time, when hurt, he held and tried to survive.
"I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch. Whyte has to now look at his career, Dereck Chisora wants a rematch, Deontay Wilder is out there, everyone wants Joshua, and this puts him in good stead for the future."