By Owen Fulda, courtesy of The Daily Star
DAVID HAYE says he is fit and raring to go for his highly-anticipated rematch with Tony Bellew.
The two British heavyweights were set to duke it out in December last year following their roller-coaster first meeting in March which Bellew won.
Haye slipped on stairs during a training exercise and tore his bicep when grabbing the bannister to break his fall, causing the rematch to be postponed.
The 37-year-old issued a statement saying he was devastated but would do everything in his power to ensure the clash would eventually go ahead.
And with the rearranged clash now less than three months away, Haye says he will be fighting fit and ready to rumble at the O2 in London on May 5th.
"The injury is healing well and the operation was a flying success," he told Sky Sports.
"I've worked every day to make sure I'm not just as good but better than before.
“I’m punching already, doing pull-ups, press-ups, everything I could do before.
"What happened last time to postpone the fight was a freak accident, like getting hit by a car, there's nothing you can do.
“Unfortunately, it happened and thankfully the rematch got rescheduled.
"Tony wants this as much as I do, the first fight was an epic battle, edge-of-your-seat stuff, and I think the fans will have another fantastic showdown.
"I was a huge favourite the first time around, he said my body will break down, he will take over and stop me and that's exactly what he did.
“However, I know I still have a lot more to give. When the bell rings, you'll see the best of me.
“People are worried about my body falling apart but hopefully that's a thing of the past and you'll see a very healthy athlete on May 5."