The purse bid for the WBA "regular" middleweight title rematch between Ryota Murata of Japan and Hassan N’Dam of France has been scheduled for July 7, according to an order from the World Boxing Association.
The purse bid will be carried out because the two parties could not agree to make their rematch, which was ordered last month after the controversial result of their first fight, the WBA said.
Both the N’Dam and Murata teams have been duly notified of this process.
Gilberto Jesus Mendoza, the president of the WBA, ordered a rematch after the fight in Tokyo on May 20 ended with N’Dam surprisingly winning on a split decision. Most observers had scored the fight in favor of Murata, who also had N'Dam down in the fight.
Two judges, Gustavo Padilla of Panama and Hubert Earle of Canada, were suspended for six months over their scoring of the fight.
Top Rank, who co-promote Murata with Teiken Promotions, and the Japan Boxing Commission, sent written documents to the WBA demanding a review of the match.
The WBA's "super" champion at the weight is Gennady Golovkin, who also holds the IBF, WBC, IBO world titles. Golovkin defend all four of his belts on September 16th, against Mexican superstar Saul "Canelo' Alvarez at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
The winner of Murata-N'Dam would be in line for the Golovkin-Canelo winner - as the WBA is going through the process of eliminating the problem of multiple title belts in each respective weight division.
However, Golovkin had defeated Daniel Jacobs in March at New York's Madison Square Garden - and Jacobs held the "regular" title - but for unknown reasons the WBA then upgraded N'Dam, who at the time held the WBA's interim title, to the status of "regular" champion for the fight with Murata. The sanctioning body said it was their way of eliminating the interim-title.