Guido Vianello is determined to continue his climb up the heavyweight rankings as soon as possible – following the cancellation of tonight’s planned bout.
Vianello (7-0, 7 KOs) was due to take on Kingsley Ibeh (5-1, 4 KOs) on a Top Rank event at the MGM Grand on Tuesday, but the bout was called off on Monday after Ibeh tested positive for COVID-19.
The Italian heavyweight sensation has already looked superb in a fight earlier this summer, when he stopped Don Haynesworth in the first round last month, and he’s going to remain in high spirits despite this setback.
Vianello said: “Yesterday they told me that my opponent tested positive for COVID-19, so my fight has been cancelled. The only way to fight this difficult year is to have positive thoughts. It is useless to be stressed about things that do not depend on us.
“I am in a fantastic physical shape, perhaps never like this before, and for this reason I remain convinced and confident of the path taken here in the USA.
“I will return to Italy shortly, my niece is growing up quickly. Uncle Guido will bring her a nice gift, but I already have my head ready for the next fight.”