Floyd Mayweather received the highest honor ever presented to a boxer with the Lifetime Achievement Award during the WBC Annual Convention in Kunming, China. Mayweather, the WBC Emeritus Champion, retired from boxing as reigning WBC welterweight and super welterweight champion and will always be regarded as one of the greatest champions in WBC history.
The WBC has prepared a process for the activity in the welterweight and super welterweight divisions, which is as follows:
1. Danny Garcia vs. Robert Guerrero will fight for the WBC welterweight championship.
2. Amir Khan is ratified as mandatory contender.
3. Lamont Peterson vs. Andre Berto for a final elimination bout to determine the second mandatory.
4. Sammy Vasquez vs. Aron Martinez, semi-final elimination.
5. Miguel Barrionuevo vs. Azael Cosio, semi-final elimination.
6. The winners of the two semi-final elimination fights will determine the wildcard.
7. Ray Robinson, who is currently injured, is positioned as wildcard.
SUPER WELTERWEIGHT DIVISION
1. Jermell Charlo vs. John Jackson will fight for the WBC super welterweight championship.
2. Demetrius Andrade vs. Charles Hatley for the first mandatory.
3. Vanes Martirosyan vs. Julian Williams, semi-final elimination.
4. Ishe Smith vs. Jorge Cota, semi-final elimination.
5. The winners of the two semi-final eliminations will fight each other for the wildcard.
6. Austin Trout placed as wildcard.
The WBC is very enthusiastic about this process, which will bring important activity involving fighters from all over the world.
The WBC will be updating information frequently and wishes the best of luck to all the participants who are seeking to reach the glory of conquering the WBC green belt.