WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury is fuming at the circulating allegations that were generated by Deontay Wilder.

Back in February, Fury captured the WBC world title with a seven round stoppage of Wilder at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Wilder exercised an immediate rematch clause to force a third encounter.

Efforts to make the third fight were unsuccessful.

While initially targeted for a date in July, the bout was pushed back numerous times due to he coronavirus pandemic. One of the big sticking points is the lack of spectators. The rematch generated $17 million at the gate, which in turn make the trilogy very difficult to stage behind closed doors.

Both sides, as reported Tuesday by BoxingScene.com, will take part in a mediation this week - as Wilder's team attempts to enforce the rematch clause.

Fury and his handlers believe the rematch clause has expired, with plans to make a voluntary defense of the title on December 5th in the UK.

Last month, Wilder took to social media and made highly controversial claims about the rematch.

He openly alleged that Fury had loaded his gloves with an 'egg weight' and that Fury had manipulated his gloves in their first two meetings. Wilder also made allegations against his former co-trainer, Mark Breland, who the boxer claimed was 'disloyal' and may have spiked his water. There were also allegations that referee Kenny Bayless may have been intoxicated.

Fury has no desire to face Wilder for a third time - after his division rival accused him of cheating.

"Deontay Wilder has tried to bring my character down with the bullsh-t he’s said. If I was like the rest of the world I’d probably sue him for defamation for about $100 million, but I’m not really interested in doing that type of thing. He’ll never get a shot at me.... finished, never - for what he’s said," Fury told reporter Gareth Davies.