Following the announcement by Eddie Hearn that Ricky Burns has signed with him, W. Promotions Limited and Frank Warren are suing Burns for substantial damages. Warren says Burns is under binding promotional and management contracts. Hearn says the threat of legal action from Frank Warren will not disrupt Ricky Burns' Matchroom debut on the 11th of May.
Last week Burns announced that he terminated his contract with Warren, and on Monday Hearn held a press conference to announce his signing of Burns to Matchroom.
He told Sky Sports News: "There is no contract now. Ricky Burns has terminated that agreement, and it's up to those two. If Frank Warren believes Ricky's terminated that agreement wrongly, no doubt they'll meet each other in a court of law, but having seen that letter of termination I'd be very comfortable if I was Ricky Burns."
"We're very comfortable. I expect it, but it's just something we'll get on with and there'll be no issue with the 11 May fight. We're a big organization, we've taken our advice from our lawyers and we're very comfortable. We're looking forward to the future."