By Warren Muggleton, courtesy of The Daily Star
TYSON FURY’S promoter Frank Warren has made a big demand of Anthony Joshua as the Gypsy King’s fight with Deontay Wilder is confirmed.
Tyson Fury will face Deontay Wilder on December 1 as the fight in California was confirmed over the weekend.
The lineal heavyweight champion has made a surging comeback since May, when he won his first fight since beating Wladimir Klitschko in November 2015.
And the self-proclaimed Gypsy King faced off against the Bronze Bomber after beating Francesco Pianeta last month.
But fans of the heavyweight division were focussed on Anthony Joshua this weekend as he knocked out Alexander Povetkin after eight rounds at the weekend.
Fury is not a fan on the Watford man though – and has consistently slammed the 28-year-old for avoiding big fights.
But Warren, who has promoted Fury’s last two fights, believes the winner of the fight should face a decider against AJ.
Speaking to the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, Warren said: “You’ve heard it and the message is there, they’re going to sign Dillian Whyte next. That’s the direction they’re going in.
“I said a long time before about Wilder fighting Joshua ‘he won’t – he’ll sign Povetkin’ and that’s what happened.
“The bottom line is this is what should happen.
“The winner of this fight, which I hope and believe will be Tyson, should be in the ring to find out who is the best.
“[Muhammad] Ali, [Joe] Frazier II and [George] Foreman all fought each other – the best fight the best.
“Barry Hearn said Anthony Joshua’s the number one but that’s his opinion and some people think it’s Wilder and some think it’s Tyson.
“If he beats Wilder, I think Tyson’s number one but the only way to find out is to let them all face off against each other.
“Then we’ll have a true champion.”
This comes as the Gypsy King delivered a warning to Wilder.
But the Bronze Bomber has been slammed for rejecting a fight with Whyte, who showed a “text message” from Wilder.