Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Global Boxing Scene

Old 10-08-2004, 02:48 PM #1
A.K.A - evil -

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
elveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 183,520.00
Default Calzaghe vs Lacy

Just watched Lacy beating Vanderpool and i'm a lot more impressed than the last time i watched him!

Lacy is a little on the slow side and Calzaghe's combo's and hand speed could be too much for him but we all know Joe's wild and can be open to counters, Lacy packs a big enough punch to KO him!!

I'd pick Calzaghe to win by late stoppage but i wouldnt be suprised if Lacy Stops Calzaghe either! I think Warrens confident Calzaghe will beat Lacy so it should happen!

Good fight.
elveiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-09-2004, 07:14 AM #2
Glasgow's Finest

barryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 62,184.59

I saw on teletext Calzaghe saying "I hope the fight comes off but i think it may be 12 months away yet"
The 32 year old Calzaghe still hopes to land a light heavyweight title shot.

Looks like that fight's out the window then
barryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 07:19 AM #3
A.K.A - evil -

elveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryboy
I saw on teletext Calzaghe saying "I hope the fight comes off but i think it may be 12 months away yet"
The 32 year old Calzaghe still hopes to land a light heavyweight title shot.

Looks like that fight's out the window then
If Calzaghe stays at supper middle he should take him out now, but i'd rather see him go up to light heavy and fight Tarver&Johnson because Lacy and Green are just as risky without the rewards.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:28 AM #4
Glasgow's Finest

barryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond reputebarryboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather see him fight those two guys as well, more credit if you beat the light heavyweights and as you say Lacy & Green are dangerous opponents for little reward (though the IBF title would be something!)
Old 10-09-2004, 07:45 AM #5
A.K.A - evil -

Quote:
I'd rather see him fight those two guys as well, more credit if you beat the light heavyweights and as you say Lacy & Green are dangerous opponents for little reward (though the IBF title would be something!)
The titles are well worth having, but i personally think Sven Ottke has taken a little bit of shine away from the IBF super middle weight title, Joe could have taken that title away from him like taking candy from a baby.

Joe's considered number 1 without a risky title challenge anyway but i'm sure he'd rather show his grandkids a picture of him holding the IBF rather than the WBO.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:56 AM #6
Glasgow's Finest

I hate these marking time defences like the one Calzaghe's having this month, o.k. it's a pay day but imo a waste of time training etc. when he could or should be fighting top class guys all the time (you know what i mean) instead he's fighting guys we don't know so it's hard to give him any credit, it's very similar to the Hatton situation, I think they're both top guys but I just wish they'd step up the competition on a regular basis and not 1 good opponent then the next 2 are **** type of situation, as we said before the fights with Lacy & Green would be great for us to watch but as far as being the defining fight that Calzaghe wants they don't fit the bill, he's already had his chance to fight Johnson but was too busy playing with his own, Tarver should be fighting Briggs so I can see another couple of these WBO defences to come yet.
Old 10-09-2004, 09:14 AM #7
A.K.A - evil -

Quote:
I hate these marking time defences like the one Calzaghe's having this month, o.k. it's a pay day but imo a waste of time training etc. when he could or should be fighting top class guys all the time (you know what i mean) instead he's fighting guys we don't know so it's hard to give him any credit, it's very similar to the Hatton situation, I think they're both top guys but I just wish they'd step up the competition on a regular basis and not 1 good opponent then the next 2 are **** type of situation, as we said before the fights with Lacy & Green would be great for us to watch but as far as being the defining fight that Calzaghe wants they don't fit the bill, he's already had his chance to fight Johnson but was too busy playing with his own, Tarver should be fighting Briggs so I can see another couple of these WBO defences to come yet.
I think fighters should take easier fights to keep fit, the tops guys should fight a big fight every other fight because its too tough to be in a war everytime. Shame Calzaghe and Hatton are fighting harder fights 1 in 5! ha ha!
Old 10-09-2004, 07:11 PM #8
The Warrior Sage

LuKahnLi has a reputation beyond reputeLuKahnLi has a reputation beyond reputeLuKahnLi has a reputation beyond reputeLuKahnLi has a reputation beyond reputeLuKahnLi has a reputation beyond reputeLuKahnLi has a reputation beyond reputeLuKahnLi has a reputation beyond reputeLuKahnLi has a reputation beyond reputeLuKahnLi has a reputation beyond reputeLuKahnLi has a reputation beyond reputeLuKahnLi has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 184,842.87

I WOULD like to see Calzaghe fight somebody. I would give him credit for fighting Lacy.
LuKahnLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 02:27 PM #9
Up and Comer

jgisbc has a reputation beyond reputejgisbc has a reputation beyond reputejgisbc has a reputation beyond reputejgisbc has a reputation beyond reputejgisbc has a reputation beyond reputejgisbc has a reputation beyond reputejgisbc has a reputation beyond reputejgisbc has a reputation beyond reputejgisbc has a reputation beyond reputejgisbc has a reputation beyond reputejgisbc has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 15,713.00

are you guys from the uk or something? you think it's a given that lacy is going to loose, not to many people have that thought about the fight. i think lacy will knock him out in 7. is that american biased?
jgisbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 02:38 PM #10
Bet to Win

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
medium-deek has a reputation beyond reputemedium-deek has a reputation beyond reputemedium-deek has a reputation beyond reputemedium-deek has a reputation beyond reputemedium-deek has a reputation beyond reputemedium-deek has a reputation beyond reputemedium-deek has a reputation beyond reputemedium-deek has a reputation beyond reputemedium-deek has a reputation beyond reputemedium-deek has a reputation beyond reputemedium-deek has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 938,992,862,955.81
Total Points: 1,051,265,830,396,300,928.00
Thanks - danny711 Pays his bets! - Sir TomJones thanks for points :) - lightsout_finit Generous guy! - SuperTrooper 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Gift Giver Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BoxingTech718 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgisbc
are you guys from the uk or something? you think it's a given that lacy is going to loose, not to many people have that thought about the fight. i think lacy will knock him out in 7. is that american biased?
Nah. It aint bias. Lacy is a fantastic prospect and yanks have every right to think he will win. But I dont.
medium-deek is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List