Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Nery Aims To Have Unification in Next Fight, Says Promoter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Luis Nery Aims To Have Unification in Next Fight, Says Promoter

Undefeated Tijuana boxer, Luis 'Pantera' Nery (31-0, 24 KO's), seeks to be the king of the super bantamweight division. The CEO of Zanfer Promotions, Fernando Beltrn, revealed that his company is already putting together plans for the 122-pound world champion of the World Boxing Council (WBC). And they plan to encourage him to unify his title with the other champions in the weight class.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm not even mad at Luis Nery vs. Brandon Figueroa. However, calling it a 'unification' is wrong. Angelo Leo who holds a real belt at 122 ( WBO ), probably cant beat the WBA 'Regular' paper-champ ( Figo ).

I remember when the majority of informed boxing fans said that Nery would get destroyed at 122, but now Super-bantam is very weak since the lineal champ Guillermo Rigondeux dropped to 118 and former WBC 122 pound champ Rey Vargas moved up to 126.

Luis Nery came along at the right time and lucked up when Rey Vargas broke his leg, a cowards luck, is what its called.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      I'm not even mad at Luis Nery vs. Brandon Figueroa. However, calling it a 'unification' is wrong. Angelo Leo who holds a real belt at 122 ( WBO ), probably cant beat the WBA 'Regular' paper-champ ( Figo ).

I remember when the majority of informed boxing fans said that Nery would get destroyed at 122, but now Super-bantam is very weak since the lineal champ Guillermo Rigondeux dropped to 118 and former WBC 122 pound champ Rey Vargas moved up to 126.

Luis Nery came along at the right time and lucked up when Rey Vargas broke his leg, a cowards luck, is what its called.
      I'm not mad either! I hope they make it happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        I'm not mad either! I hope they make it happen!
        Their styles will make for a FOTY contest, Luis Nery vs. Brandon Figueroa will bring out a huge Mexican crowd, maybe in Texas.

Comment

Unification? When did either of them get a belt?

Comment

Working...
          X