No announcement yet.

Any of you guys on here play Chess?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you guys on here play Chess?

I've been getting into it lately. It's so great on finding strategies. I can see how boxers would damn sure enjoy it. How about you guys?

I have played chess all my life, but I am admittedly not that good at it........ you need to research and learn chess moves to even compete with people at a high-level.

Have you watched 'The Queens Gambit' on Netflix? ........ brilliant show about a chess genius that learns all the moves and studies it from a young age.

Comment

Yeah, I play all day on the app and jump on any chance to play friends/family members. Not a high rating but I love it, especially speed chess.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
        I've been getting into it lately. It's so great on finding strategies. I can see how boxers would damn sure enjoy it. How about you guys?
        You been watching Queen's Gambit?

Apparently chess sales have gone up like, 500% since that show was released.

It's excellent btw, i recommend it.

Comment

I taught myself to play about 15 years ago. Got so obsessed with it that it started complicating my life. I would stay up til 2 AM playing, get 3 hours sleep and then stagger through the work day. I gave it up a number of years ago. It's a fascinating game though.

Comment

I used to play a lot back in the day. Was even on the chess team in elementary school and went to a few tournaments. I haven't played in ages though

Comment

I play it on these forums all the time while the other fools are playing checkers.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                You been watching Queen's Gambit?

Apparently chess sales have gone up like, 500% since that show was released.

It's excellent btw, i recommend it.
                I never thought a TV show or film could make chess exciting until I watched 'The Queens Gambit'

What a brilliant show, and I would recommend it to any one even without being into chess.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  I play it on these forums all the time while the other fools are playing checkers.
                  Folk need to get on your level, honestly.

You're playing high-IQ chess and seeing the responders to you is just painful....... they are playing checkers

Makes me cringe.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                    Me and ShoulderRoll play sometimes online on Chess.com, CubanGuyNY too, though he's a little above my level.

Hit me up anytime you like:

https://www.chess.com/member/toppa72

Given some thought to setting up a tourney or league of BoxingScene players using Chess.com cos I've seen a number of posters mention an interest, but I ain't gonna do it by myself, got my hands already pretty much full with the Pick Em and Ms Koba gonna leave (or possibly murder) me if I spend much more time in my office / corner / pit than I already do.
                    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 12-01-2020, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X