Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Member Lounges > No-Flaming Lounge

Old 08-13-2006, 11:18 AM
platinummatt
The dotter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 25 platinummatt has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 177,741.00
Default This tv puzzle kept me up till 4am

I stayed up till 4 am last night, because there was a channel with a quiz thing on you had to work it out. it was a puzzle, after that youd call up and if you got it right you won a 1000. loads of people called up with the answer, they were all wrong. It was a shopping list and you had to 'count the cash' most of the ansers I thought of were wrong, it wasnt just the simple way of adding it up, it was outside of the box. Not many people were calling up, but I thought at the end of the thing they'd tell me the answer, but not! :O

here it is
2 eye of newt - 55 pence

4 potion bottles - 3 quid each

mixed herbs - 79 pence

50 pink candles - 25p each

1 x spells for dummies

count the cash

Now there was one more lead I had to this, which no one tried.
see theres only a x sign for the spells for dummies. Well people had said 45, they'd said what it is if you add it all up correctly, theyve said if you just add it up as if it was one of each. Theyre all wrong, people have said 5 aswell ( 5 sets of cash )
Itll probably be on again in the early hours of the morning. I got an idea for the answer, but I dont know. Any ideas?

4am!
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:27 AM
Smashing
Contender

Rep Power: 12 Smashing has a reputation beyond reputeSmashing has a reputation beyond reputeSmashing has a reputation beyond reputeSmashing has a reputation beyond reputeSmashing has a reputation beyond reputeSmashing has a reputation beyond reputeSmashing has a reputation beyond reputeSmashing has a reputation beyond reputeSmashing has a reputation beyond reputeSmashing has a reputation beyond reputeSmashing has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 22,579.75

is it 35.29
Old 08-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Smashing
Contender

Rep Power: 12 Smashing has a reputation beyond reputeSmashing has a reputation beyond reputeSmashing has a reputation beyond reputeSmashing has a reputation beyond reputeSmashing has a reputation beyond reputeSmashing has a reputation beyond reputeSmashing has a reputation beyond reputeSmashing has a reputation beyond reputeSmashing has a reputation beyond reputeSmashing has a reputation beyond reputeSmashing has a reputation beyond repute

or 34.74.....
Old 08-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Verstyle
Future Champion

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21568 Verstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,709,962,283,793.00
Total Points: 87,609,963,055,485.34
Congrats on 38K posts Vers mah homie!!!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! to the big homie - Larryx2011 great lounge poster - RINGG interesting/good threads man. - chiguy91 for an atg poster - jazluvr 
For all your kindness and support - Lorily :lol1: that shyt ain't right and awkward thread - jose830 No Message - MELLY-MEL... Thanks bro - BulgariasFinest Welcome back bud - TBear 
Happy Holidays Verstyle.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - TBear No Message - TBear No Message - TBear 40,000 posts! :fing02: - jose830 
4 d 40k - led* 40k son - MELLY-MEL... have a great time at the fight tomorrow night! - HUGH JASS good to see you around - -jose- Merry Christmas Verstyle - TBear 

to bad i dont know u guys money system
Old 08-13-2006, 11:57 AM
Smashing
Contender

a quid is slang for 1
100 pence or p to the pound

just think of it as cents to the dollar exactly the same
Old 08-13-2006, 12:31 PM
platinummatt
The dotter

Rep Power: 25 platinummatt has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know the answer how you working that out?
Old 08-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Smashing
Contender

lol..i'm just adding it all up....i know it can't be that simple.cos thats what you said..but how the heck did anyone come up with 45 quid..lol...my first answer was wrong cos i added up newts eyes twice..
Old 08-13-2006, 03:36 PM
platinummatt
The dotter

if you look at the sheet it only says X next to the spells for dummies. The person probably thought that maybe that was the thing. I had the same idea.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:10 PM
FeelTheA-Force
Banned

Rep Power: 0 FeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.03
Total Points: 585,649.76

16.84!!...........................

0.55p
3.00p
0.79p
0.25*50= 12.50

= 16.84

Last edited by FeelTheA-Force; 08-13-2006 at 05:15 PM.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:31 PM
FeelTheA-Force
Banned

Rep Power: 0 FeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.03
Total Points: 585,649.76
Question Points and Karma if i am rite... ??? ;)

If its 1 x spell the assume that 1 spell can only go in one potion bottle.

Assume the list makes 4 spells. becoz 4 bottles were purchased.

3.00 / 4 -Bottles = 0.75p each

Therefore on the basis that the ingredients are for each bottle you divide each item by 4.

0.55 / 4 - Eye of Newt = 0.1375 each

0.79 / 4 - Herbs = 0.1975 each

12.50p / 4 Candles = 3.125 each

Now to find out the cost of 1 x potion for dummies is :

= 4.21

?????????????????????????????

Share This With Friends

User Tag List