Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2020, 07:10 AM #1
pasawayako pasawayako is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SA TABI TABI LANG.
Posts: 12,368
Quoted: 3141 Post(s)
Rep Power: 50
pasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 103,787.51
Bank: 1,748.23
Total Points: 105,535.74
Bolied rottweiler meat sub sandwich 4 mah pinoy brutha - -Deal With It- i like your name! keep owning these floyd stans - cawadoody Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Makavelli Jr. 
Default Top 30 greatest WW of all time. Pac#3 Floyd#10

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

The 30 greatest welterweight boxers of all time have been ranked (10-1)

10. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Despite a professional record reading 50 fights and 50 wins, and ESPN, BoxRec and The Ring ranking 'Money' as the greatest ever pound-for-pound boxer, Mayweather somehow is voted in at number 10 on this fans poll. Don't worry, we are as shocked as you are!
9. Oscar De La Hoya
'The Golden Boy' ranks one place higher than Mayweather, despite Floyd coming out the victor via a split decision when the pair met in 2007.
8. Julio César Chávez
The Mexican lost just six times in a 115-fight career, ultimately hanging up the gloves in 2005. His sons Omar Chávez and Julio César Chávez Jr are also professional boxers, with Omar currently the WBC Youth Intercontinental welterweight champion whilst Jr is a former WBC middleweight champ.
7. Henry Armstrong
Standing only at five feet and five-and-a-half inches tall, 'Homicide Hank' was named as the second-best fighter in the last 80 years by The Ring, whilst ESPN ranked him as the third greatest fighter in the sport's history.
6. Pernell Whitaker
A southpaw fighter, 'Sweet Pea' won 40 of his 46 fights, with 17 coming by way of knockout. Whitaker sadly passed away last year aged 55.
5. Roberto Durán
Durán's remarkable career spanned a mammoth five decades as he followed Jack Johnson to become just the second boxer to achieve the feat. Hailing from Panama, Manos de Piedra was a four-weight world champion.
4. Thomas Hearns
One of the taller fighters on this list at six feet and two inches, 'The Hitman' won 61 of his 67 fights.
3. Manny Pacquiao
'PacMan' is boxing's only ever Octuple champion as he held world titles in eight different weight classes. He was beaten via a unanimous decision when he fought Mayweather in Las Vegas, before becoming a leading figure in Filipino politics.
2. Sugar Ray Leonard
The man who Mayweather initially complained about being ranked above him, Leonard was famously part of the 1980s 'Fabulous Four' alongside Roberto Durán, Thomas Hearns and Marvin Hagler. He lost just three times in 40 fights.
1. Sugar Ray Robinson
Winning 173 times in a 200-fight career, 109 times by way of knockout, Sugar Ray Robinson takes the top spot on the fans' vote. From 1943 to 1951, the American set history as he went on a 91-fight unbeaten run and is commonly referred to as the greatest of all time.
pasawayako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:32 AM #2
hugh grant hugh grant is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The British Empire
Posts: 21,347
Quoted: 4708 Post(s)
Rep Power: 75
hugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 92,871.31
Bank: 1,792.38
Total Points: 94,663.69
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - rorymac Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - I'm so sorry 
Default

Floyd s win over pac was controversial on many levels so not surprised Pac is above Floyd in the least. And the way Pac destroyed cotto and clottey, was a vision to behold, and to beat thurman.......historical win.
If Pac fought at WW earlier one can on!y imagine how much.more he could have done there

Last edited by hugh grant; 06-30-2020 at 07:35 AM.
hugh grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:15 AM #3
pasawayako pasawayako is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SA TABI TABI LANG.
Posts: 12,368
Quoted: 3141 Post(s)
Rep Power: 50
pasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 103,787.51
Bank: 1,748.23
Total Points: 105,535.74
Bolied rottweiler meat sub sandwich 4 mah pinoy brutha - -Deal With It- i like your name! keep owning these floyd stans - cawadoody Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Makavelli Jr. 
Default

if floyd didn't temporarily retire to duck the top ww and fight pac in his prime and go out undefeated there's no doubt that he could be the GOAT but instead he only fight who he think he can beat.
pasawayako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:03 AM #4
ANELExTriHard ANELExTriHard is online now
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 49
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
ANELExTriHard will become famous soon enoughANELExTriHard will become famous soon enough
Points: 5,080.35
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,080.35
Default

His win over Thurman really enhance resume i guess

This list is very weird... with superficial explanation...
ANELExTriHard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:37 AM #5
Gigantes Gigantes is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,275
Quoted: 1393 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
Gigantes has a reputation beyond reputeGigantes has a reputation beyond reputeGigantes has a reputation beyond reputeGigantes has a reputation beyond reputeGigantes has a reputation beyond reputeGigantes has a reputation beyond reputeGigantes has a reputation beyond reputeGigantes has a reputation beyond reputeGigantes has a reputation beyond reputeGigantes has a reputation beyond reputeGigantes has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 15,706.86
Bank: 1,276.84
Total Points: 16,983.70
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Default

shows you how great manny is. dude isn't even a true WW and they still rank him #3 all time? greatness
Gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:46 AM #6
boliodogs boliodogs is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 30,588
Quoted: 8493 Post(s)
Rep Power: 85
boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 94,841.41
Bank: 139,252.68
Total Points: 234,094.09
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX consistent levelheaded objectivity - lefthook2daliva Keep terminating retards! - Krusher P4P #1 Good poster - -Weltschmerz- 
Good poster - MDPopescu Cheers to a good poster! - King Krusher Great Post! Ward fans are cheater fans. - anthonydavid11 Very good poster! - JK1700 Great post, man! Killing it! - anthonydavid11 
No Message - MinuteMaid5 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasawayako View Post
[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

The 30 greatest welterweight boxers of all time have been ranked (10-1)

10. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Despite a professional record reading 50 fights and 50 wins, and ESPN, BoxRec and The Ring ranking 'Money' as the greatest ever pound-for-pound boxer, Mayweather somehow is voted in at number 10 on this fans poll. Don't worry, we are as shocked as you are!
9. Oscar De La Hoya
'The Golden Boy' ranks one place higher than Mayweather, despite Floyd coming out the victor via a split decision when the pair met in 2007.
8. Julio César Chávez
The Mexican lost just six times in a 115-fight career, ultimately hanging up the gloves in 2005. His sons Omar Chávez and Julio César Chávez Jr are also professional boxers, with Omar currently the WBC Youth Intercontinental welterweight champion whilst Jr is a former WBC middleweight champ.
7. Henry Armstrong
Standing only at five feet and five-and-a-half inches tall, 'Homicide Hank' was named as the second-best fighter in the last 80 years by The Ring, whilst ESPN ranked him as the third greatest fighter in the sport's history.
6. Pernell Whitaker
A southpaw fighter, 'Sweet Pea' won 40 of his 46 fights, with 17 coming by way of knockout. Whitaker sadly passed away last year aged 55.
5. Roberto Durán
Durán's remarkable career spanned a mammoth five decades as he followed Jack Johnson to become just the second boxer to achieve the feat. Hailing from Panama, Manos de Piedra was a four-weight world champion.
4. Thomas Hearns
One of the taller fighters on this list at six feet and two inches, 'The Hitman' won 61 of his 67 fights.
3. Manny Pacquiao
'PacMan' is boxing's only ever Octuple champion as he held world titles in eight different weight classes. He was beaten via a unanimous decision when he fought Mayweather in Las Vegas, before becoming a leading figure in Filipino politics.
2. Sugar Ray Leonard
The man who Mayweather initially complained about being ranked above him, Leonard was famously part of the 1980s 'Fabulous Four' alongside Roberto Durán, Thomas Hearns and Marvin Hagler. He lost just three times in 40 fights.
1. Sugar Ray Robinson
Winning 173 times in a 200-fight career, 109 times by way of knockout, Sugar Ray Robinson takes the top spot on the fans' vote. From 1943 to 1951, the American set history as he went on a 91-fight unbeaten run and is commonly referred to as the greatest of all time.
I am not impressed with this list and don't agree with it. Pacquiao and Chavez were not career welterweights. Chavez was way past prime by the time he moved to 147 and not nearly as good as he used to be. Jose Napoles and Trinidad are not top 10 and in my opinion they would beat the hell out of most of the top 10 on this list. trinidad beat Oscar and beat the hell out of Whitaker. He never lost at 147 and was a world champ at 147 from age 20 to age 27 making 15 successful defenses including 12 KOs. Only SRR and Armstrong can match his title reign at 147 and the others don't even come close. Mayweather should be higher because he had a great reign at 147. he never lost and beat both Pac and Oscar.
boliodogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:31 AM #7
ANELExTriHard ANELExTriHard is online now
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 49
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
ANELExTriHard will become famous soon enoughANELExTriHard will become famous soon enough
Points: 5,080.35
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,080.35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boliodogs View Post
I am not impressed with this list and don't agree with it. Pacquiao and Chavez were not career welterweights. Chavez was way past prime by the time he moved to 147 and not nearly as good as he used to be. Jose Napoles and Trinidad are not top 10 and in my opinion they would beat the hell out of most of the top 10 on this list. trinidad beat Oscar and beat the hell out of Whitaker. He never lost at 147 and was a world champ at 147 from age 20 to age 27 making 15 successful defenses including 12 KOs. Only SRR and Armstrong can match his title reign at 147 and the others don't even come close. Mayweather should be higher because he had a great reign at 147. he never lost and beat both Pac and Oscar.
Agree! this list very bad and the way writer describe boxers looks absurd

Oscar shouldn't be on the top10list he lost mostly big fights

Kid gavilan should be over basilio because he beat him at welter

Duran should be lower even he beat srl first fight due to no mas and lost to hearns,benitez at superwelter

Maybe they just want to flex pac over floyd lol
ANELExTriHard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:39 AM #8
Happy Lora Happy Lora is offline
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 70
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Happy Lora is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 2,035.22
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,035.22
Default

Chavez wasn't even a Welterweight, yet this fan poll has him as one of the greatest of all time. That right there undermines the entire list.
Happy Lora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:50 AM #9
Boxxymcboxface Boxxymcboxface is online now
Amateur
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 23
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Boxxymcboxface is on a distinguished road
Points: 1,362.05
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,362.05
Default

Why is Chavez ranked above Mayweather? How many fights did Chavez even have at welterweight ?like 2?

Last edited by Boxxymcboxface; 06-30-2020 at 10:53 AM.
Boxxymcboxface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:55 AM #10
pasawayako pasawayako is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SA TABI TABI LANG.
Posts: 12,368
Quoted: 3141 Post(s)
Rep Power: 50
pasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond reputepasawayako has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 103,787.51
Bank: 1,748.23
Total Points: 105,535.74
Bolied rottweiler meat sub sandwich 4 mah pinoy brutha - -Deal With It- i like your name! keep owning these floyd stans - cawadoody Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Makavelli Jr. 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantes View Post
shows you how great manny is. dude isn't even a true WW and they still rank him #3 all time? greatness
yeah it's unbelievable, most lightweight are bigher than pac.
pasawayako is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 PM.