Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 06-30-2020, 03:45 AM #1
PBC on LEAN!

Quoted: 8211 Post(s)
Mexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 470,852.55
Default Anybody else think Mikey would beat Meme Machine, Benavidez, or Horn?

I find it odd that Crawford acknowledged Spence’s opinion that Benavidez had one leg and said “you fought O’Campo!” without saying there wasn’t a problem with Benavidez’s leg. Jose merely needed a paycheck since his brother been making loot over at PBC.

In all this, Mikey wasn’t too bad at 147. His power was enough to keep Spence from lunging in to avoid counters. Therefore, I think Mikey would beat Meme Machine The way he handled Lipinets at 147 power. Horn is horrid against technical fighters. I see Mikey tagging him all night to a UD. And Benavidez would get stopped imo.
Mexican Bidness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 03:47 AM #2
Contender

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
YNG has a reputation beyond reputeYNG has a reputation beyond reputeYNG has a reputation beyond reputeYNG has a reputation beyond reputeYNG has a reputation beyond reputeYNG has a reputation beyond reputeYNG has a reputation beyond reputeYNG has a reputation beyond reputeYNG has a reputation beyond reputeYNG has a reputation beyond reputeYNG has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,389.82
Total Points: 10,043.17

He beats Horn but I think Benavides and Mean Machine have enough boxing skills to at least test Mikey IMO. Now that I think of it, Benavides vs Jesse Vargas would be a good fight.
YNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 04:30 AM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4046 Post(s)
MulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 193,824.65
Total Points: 196,012.20
All about the coins. Nice posting, sir... - Tony Trick-Pony Thanks, broseph! - Tony Trick-Pony LMAO - Chollo Vista 

Mikey best chance at all three , imo , would be vs Horn
I think Mean Machine beats him and Benevidez would be a closer fight but he’d still come out on top
Horn would just get tagged all night by Mikey

Last edited by MulaKO; 06-30-2020 at 04:36 AM.
MulaKO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:44 AM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 20619 Post(s)
aboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,922.00
Total Points: 313,477.28
This id should have kick me and dildos every where. Sh1t poster. - mrdogtown1975 Very good post in the Man creates homunculus thread - punchr No Message - ИATAS No Message - ИATAS No Message - Scott.Weiland. 
Keeping it real - Nomadic It's about money - Nomadic Always great posts, one of the best people on here! - JK1700 Undisputed - travestyny No Message - MELLY-MEL... 
No Message - MELLY-MEL... 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexican Bidness View Post
I find it odd that Crawford acknowledged Spence’s opinion that Benavidez had one leg and said “you fought O’Campo!” without saying there wasn’t a problem with Benavidez’s leg. Jose merely needed a paycheck since his brother been making loot over at PBC.

In all this, Mikey wasn’t too bad at 147. His power was enough to keep Spence from lunging in to avoid counters. Therefore, I think Mikey would beat Meme Machine The way he handled Lipinets at 147 power. Horn is horrid against technical fighters. I see Mikey tagging him all night to a UD. And Benavidez would get stopped imo.

I don't think there was a problem with Benavidez leg

he has always been a good fighter, even back when he was a kid

same with his brother

when David was 14yo he was a fat 240lb kid who sparred heavyweights

he would touch them up

I would also favor Mikey Garcia over all of the guys you mentioned... he used to beat the shlt out of Maidana, make him look like a B-grade fighter... Mikey sparred HEAPS of welters, he was beating up 147 lb'ers back when he was a featherweight... but yea, he should be cleaning out 140

Crawford is a phenomenal fighter, his critics are tripping

but he could go the Bradley route... Tim was a excellent fighter who would rock with anyone, and he always found a way to win... but his competition slipped off, and Bradley is 100% responsible/accountable for that...

" because of boxing politics, I may not fight the best "
~ Bradley, shortly after signing with Top Rank

Crawford is 100% responsible/accountable for his legacy, just like everyone else

he has heard the criticism... just like Bradley, just like Crawford, just like Golovkin... they all heard the criticism

I have heard people compare Crawford to Leonard... well ok, it was Arum... but some are real big on Crawford style/skillset... me being one of them... and I definitely think that would be a great matchup head-to-head... Crawford would give anyone fits, Ray would have his hands full... but very few punters would bet against Leonard at 147 after he passed that Hearns exam... only a small handful of fighters would seriously be in that conversation, are none of them are named Crawford

Crawford needs to either... build that legacy, or be just another excellent fighter who was comfortable being famous in Nebraska

hard luck for him if he waits

Crawford and Lomachenko are the best fighters in the world imo... but yea, fcuk them both if they sit on their hands hiding behind Arum's skirt like Tim Bradley did... at least Mikey stood up to Arum and refused shltty fights with no legacy value

Canelo is definitely right up there, and he has the best credentials by far... but based on... 1) ceteris paribus... 2) style/skills/form... because they are the very essence of P4P... I go with Crawford and Lomachenko

not sure which of those guys are the absolute best, that is very difficult to pick... we have not seen either of them tested enough at this point... which was the issue when matching Crawford up with SRL earlier, and is the reason why fans lean toward Canelo... and in a matchup head-to-head, it is very difficult to gauge exactly how their styles would mesh after the 3rd/4th round once each fighter started to adjust... change it up/tweak, build on what is working, settle in... not sure tbh

I agree that 'if all things were equal' (ceteris paribus)... so, natural size/weight, nobody going up/down... that Canelo would be right in those matchups as well... but I slightly favor my other guys... Canelo is more proven, and solid as a rock, extremely well-rounded... but I suspect that both Loma/Crawford may have a slightly higher ceiling... having the same-level skills/IQ as Canelo, but with unique styles... Loma being more unconventional and multi-dimensional, Crawford being one of few fighters who effectively switch and are equally adept at both... very few fighters do that effectively, and 99% should never try

but there is not much in it, all of them are right in that conversation
aboutfkntime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:51 AM #5
Undisputed Champion

aboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these parts
This id should have kick me and dildos every where. Sh1t poster. - mrdogtown1975 Very good post in the Man creates homunculus thread - punchr No Message - ИATAS No Message - ИATAS No Message - Scott.Weiland. 
Keeping it real - Nomadic It's about money - Nomadic Always great posts, one of the best people on here! - JK1700 Undisputed - travestyny No Message - MELLY-MEL... 

Horn mauled Pacquiao, but he looked like a completely different fighter in there with Crawford

Crawford is solid af at 147, Spence aint gonna monster him like fans think... and neither would Porter
Old 06-30-2020, 09:23 AM #6
PBC on LEAN!

Quoted: 8211 Post(s)
Mexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 470,852.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboutfkntime View Post
I don't think there was a problem with Benavidez leg

he has always been a good fighter, even back when he was a kid

same with his brother

when David was 14yo he was a fat 240lb kid who sparred heavyweights

he would touch them up

I would also favor Mikey Garcia over all of the guys you mentioned... he used to beat the shlt out of Maidana, make him look like a B-grade fighter... Mikey sparred HEAPS of welters, he was beating up 147 lb'ers back when he was a featherweight... but yea, he should be cleaning out 140

Crawford is a phenomenal fighter, his critics are tripping

but he could go the Bradley route... Tim was a excellent fighter who would rock with anyone, and he always found a way to win... but his competition slipped off, and Bradley is 100% responsible/accountable for that...

" because of boxing politics, I may not fight the best "
~ Bradley, shortly after signing with Top Rank

Crawford is 100% responsible/accountable for his legacy, just like everyone else

he has heard the criticism... just like Bradley, just like Crawford, just like Golovkin... they all heard the criticism

I have heard people compare Crawford to Leonard... well ok, it was Arum... but some are real big on Crawford style/skillset... me being one of them... and I definitely think that would be a great matchup head-to-head... Crawford would give anyone fits, Ray would have his hands full... but very few punters would bet against Leonard at 147 after he passed that Hearns exam... only a small handful of fighters would seriously be in that conversation, are none of them are named Crawford

Crawford needs to either... build that legacy, or be just another excellent fighter who was comfortable being famous in Nebraska

hard luck for him if he waits

Crawford and Lomachenko are the best fighters in the world imo... but yea, fcuk them both if they sit on their hands hiding behind Arum's skirt like Tim Bradley did... at least Mikey stood up to Arum and refused shltty fights with no legacy value

Canelo is definitely right up there, and he has the best credentials by far... but based on... 1) ceteris paribus... 2) style/skills/form... because they are the very essence of P4P... I go with Crawford and Lomachenko

not sure which of those guys are the absolute best, that is very difficult to pick... we have not seen either of them tested enough at this point... which was the issue when matching Crawford up with SRL earlier, and is the reason why fans lean toward Canelo... and in a matchup head-to-head, it is very difficult to gauge exactly how their styles would mesh after the 3rd/4th round once each fighter started to adjust... change it up/tweak, build on what is working, settle in... not sure tbh

I agree that 'if all things were equal' (ceteris paribus)... so, natural size/weight, nobody going up/down... that Canelo would be right in those matchups as well... but I slightly favor my other guys... Canelo is more proven, and solid as a rock, extremely well-rounded... but I suspect that both Loma/Crawford may have a slightly higher ceiling... having the same-level skills/IQ as Canelo, but with unique styles... Loma being more unconventional and multi-dimensional, Crawford being one of few fighters who effectively switch and are equally adept at both... very few fighters do that effectively, and 99% should never try

but there is not much in it, all of them are right in that conversation
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboutfkntime View Post
Horn mauled Pacquiao, but he looked like a completely different fighter in there with Crawford

Crawford is solid af at 147, Spence aint gonna monster him like fans think... and neither would Porter
A very nice assessment, but I like to keep it simple and basic and go off what pros and trainers think. I’ve seen some trainers as of late pick Canelo over Benavidez. There are just RAW styles and grit that many industry know and imagine or seen first hand sparring in gyms or JUST KNOW. Now Jacobs, Fielding, Kovalev. These guys were significantly bigger than Canelo.

It goes by mass that can be gauged as simple as clinching or inside pressure fighting. These things cause added fatigue that can be avoided in the ring. Take GGG Canelo 1. You could see how easily Kovalev was able to push Canelo effortlessly at times.. Similar to how Ward would against others.

Point I’m trying to make are these dangerous factors in boxing be it sparring or a pro fight. You need to know how to handle it, and I think Canelo fighting his bigger brothers as a youngy boosted his game tremendously.

Now if guys like Leonard or Nápoles went up to fight some serious competition then I expect Crawford to at least go to 154 ffs. Time goes fast.

How come no trolling exists for Crawford vs Jermell Charlo? How did we get Canelo vs Gvozdyk, Bivol or Beterbiev imaginary matches when the Kovalev fight was announced yet these other matchups don’t exist? Where’s the hunger for those fights.

Canelo has the most matchups in the game.

Last edited by Mexican Bidness; 06-30-2020 at 09:27 AM.
Mexican Bidness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:27 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexican Bidness View Post
A very nice assessment, but I like to keep it simple and basic and go off what pros and trainers think. I’ve seen some trainers as of late pick Canelo over Benavidez. There are just RAW styles and grit that many industry know and imagine or seen first hand sparring in gyms or JUST KNOW. Now Jacobs, Fielding, Kovalev. These guys were significantly bigger than Canelo.

It goes by mass that can be gauged as simple as clinching or inside pressure fighting. These things cause added fatigue that can be avoided in the ring. Take GGG Canelo 1. You could see how easily Kovalev was able to push Canelo effortlessly at times.. Similar to how Ward would against others.

Point I’m trying to make are these dangerous factors in boxing be it sparring or a pro fight. You need to know how to handle it, and I think Canelo fighting his bigger brothers as a youngy boosted his game tremendously.

Now if guys like Leonard or Nápoles went up to fight some serious competition then I expect Crawford to at least go to 154 ffs. Time goes fast.

How come no trolling exists for Crawford vs Jermell Charlo? How did we get Canelo vs Gvozdyk, Bivol or Beterbiev imaginary matches when the Kovalev fight was announced yet these other matchups don’t exist? Where’s the hunger for those fights.

Canelo has the most matchups in the game.

and I agree with them, I would favor Canelo over Benavidez... but that is one hell of a fight right there

I have been saying for nearly two years, Canelo/Benavidez is the fight to make at 168

I think that could be the best fight on paper, period

Share This With Friends