Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 05-22-2020, 10:01 PM #1

Quoted: 4369 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,688.25
Total Points: 100,553.08
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 
Default Covington vows to drop Masvidal ‘on his f--king head’ if he sees him in the street

Amid all the hype and public chatter that is part of the MMA news cycle, Colby Covington wants people to know that his feud with Jorge Masvidal is authentic. And if they meet outside of the octagon, there will be real consequences.

During an appearance on What the Heck, a fired-up Covington guaranteed that he and Masvidal will fight in the future, whether it be at a UFC event, or in the streets.

“Me and Street Judas are 100 percent gonna fight before it’s all said and done,” Covington said. “We might fight a couple of times, because if I see him in the street, it’s gonna be a fade session. He’s gonna get put on the concrete, I’m gonna drop him on his *****in’ head and put stitches in the back of his head. It’s not gonna be nice, I promise you that.

“And he knows that, deep down inside he knows. But he’s willing to take a paycheck in the UFC to get his ass whupped because he knows the UFC is gonna pay his *****ing medical bills. Besides that, if we fight on the street, I’m gonna drop him on his *****ing head, and he’s never gonna be the same person again because he’s gonna be concussed, the concrete’s gonna mess with him. I’ll probably kick his teeth in, too, while I’m at it.”

Covington’s threat of violence stems from the long-running feud he’s had with Masvidal, which actually stemmed from a close relationship the two had when they were coming up in their pro careers. With both fighters rising in stature over the past few years, they have grown apart and repeatedly sniped at each other through interviews and social media.

For Covington, this is in contrast to the newer feud that’s developed between Masvidal and UFC welterweight champion Kamaru Usman. Masvidal and Usman have also made overtures about fighting one another, with their most public flare-up taking place during Super Bowl week in January.

That’s all fake hype according to Covington, a former interim champion who unsuccessfully challenged Usman for the undisputed title last December.

“You remember at the Super Bowl when they tried to manufacture that fake hype?” Covington said. “They pushed each other at the Super Bowl. Come on, what was that, in February? If they wanted to fight, they would have fought. Let’s be honest, that was February. February, March, April, May, that’s four months.

“You’re telling me all that manufactured hype, ‘Oh, we’re gonna fight each other. ‘Marty Fakenewsman’ vs. ‘Street Judas’ Masvidal for the world title,’ which everybody knows is the fake title, it’s the corrupt title, because I was cheated out of the real title and everybody knows I’m the real champ. If they wanted to fight, they would have fought. But they don’t want to fight. Marty’s looking for that easy payday. I don’t blame him, keep looking.”

Covington decried Masvidal as a ‘50/50 journeyman,’ mocking the losses his former friend and roommate had before going on a three-fight winning streak that made him one of the UFC’s hottest properties.

Masvidal won the newly-made “BMF” belt by defeating fellow fan favorite Nate Diaz at UFC 244, but naturally, Covington isn’t impressed with his accomplishments.

“It’s pathetic that [Masvidal] even claims to be one of the best fighters in the world,” he said. “He was just getting beat up by Demian Maia, Stephen ‘Wondergirl’ Thompson, less than a couple of years ago. He doesn’t want to fight, he’s waiting for Conor McGregor, and Conor McGregor doesn’t give a ***** about him. You saw with Conor at the fight when he beat up [Donald] Cerrone, he would have called Jorge out. He was front row in his little bathing suit, his little bathing robe, his Gucci bath robe, whatever the ***** he was wearing.

“It’s a cool *****ing gimmick, ‘Journeyman’ Jorge Masvidal hit lightning in a bottle and he’s trying to capitalize right now and to be honest, he’s not gonna capitalize because he dropped the ball on the ‘Marty Fakenewsman’ fight and Conor doesn’t want to fight him, so who’s gonna fight journeymen?”

Covington also hasn’t shied away from criticizing Masvidal personally. He took particular umbrage with an interview that Masvidal recently conducted with ESPN where Masvidal spoke about his rough upbringing in Miami.

Now, Covington is promising to dish out more dirt on his former friend should the two ever be officially booked to fight.

“Just ‘cause he’s a piece of s*it,” Covington added, discussing his reasons for wanting to fight Masvidal. “The guy’s claiming he’s the ‘sucker punch king.’ He’s claiming for being out at Denny’s and being the ‘dine and dash king.’ Dude, you’re a piece of s*it. You’re dining and dashing on single mothers that are working at Denny’s because they’re trying to put food on the table for their child and you’re bragging about being proud of dining and dashing on them? The guy’s the lowest scum denominator of earth.

“He’s the fakest piece of s*it. He turned his back on me for money and his management team. People are going to find out the real truth about him, he’s gonna get exposed soon. I know so much about him and it doesn’t make sense to come out yet. When we fight, it will all be built up in the fight. Until then, he’s just gonna keep being that fake piece of *****.”
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends