No announcement yet.

Posture

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posture

Just been wondering, some boxers maintain proper posture while in the ring. (Chest up, back straight, shoulders in socket, chin down.) however, Mike Tyson being considered one of the best hunched over like a cobra. Is there a optimal posture for balance while boxing? Is one better than the other?

All depends on your style and what you are trying to do. If you are taller than your opponent and like to box from the outside standing then stand tall. But if you are shorter and want to get inside a lower crouch will help you be harder to hit and better to counter a taller guy.

Comment

One guy I noticed who kept his chin higher than most was Edwin Valero. Surprised the guy never got countered (at least in the videos I've seen) because he doesn't tuck his chin like most other boxers do. RIP man you were a beast!

Comment

Keeping a good posture was a problem for me while in the ring, as it is difficult for me to pay attention on it. My coach advised me to keep focus on posture especially during training, It often become hard for me to keep my back straight while fighting in a ring, but keeping the posture straight helps much in dominating the oppenent.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky86 View Post
          All depends on your style and what you are trying to do. If you are taller than your opponent and like to box from the outside standing then stand tall. But if you are shorter and want to get inside a lower crouch will help you be harder to hit and better to counter a taller guy.
          This ^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesfranklin View Post
            Keeping a good posture was a problem for me while in the ring, as it is difficult for me to pay attention on it. My coach advised me to keep focus on posture especially during training, It often become hard for me to keep my back straight while fighting in a ring, but keeping the posture straight helps much in dominating the oppenent.
            Even my parents had to keep on me when it came to posture.

Comment

Working...
            X