Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Dazn buys Toprank will prices go up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Dazn buys Toprank will prices go up?

This is something to keep in mind. I think either the price gos up or they decide to start doing PPVs again. I’ll be ready to pop on the yearly deal as soon as I see some smoke, I’m locked in for 10 bux a month but they might take that away from us

Canelo alone is worth $400 a year. I’d pay that if I have to.

Comment

I'm not sure the cost of subscription is related to expenses. It's more so about finding a cost point at which they can maximize revenue. $20/month seems about right to me, and I'd expect it to stay there. I don't think they'd get more money coming in by hiking that. But maybe, after they get a solid subscriber base, they'll hike the annual rate to $150/year.

Comment

It would actually be worth it if they upped the price a bit. The stable TR has added to the growing stable DAZN (MR & GB) is acquiring will make them close to the biggest in boxing and a lot of good-great fights can be made, easily. Good for them and US if it happens. One less party (promoter) to get in the way of making fights happen.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCastellanos View Post
          This is something to keep in mind. I think either the price gos up or they decide to start doing PPVs again. I’ll be ready to pop on the yearly deal as soon as I see some smoke, I’m locked in for 10 bux a month but they might take that away from us
          Why would it go up? Top rank has like 4 more years on their ESPN contract.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
            Why would it go up? Top rank has like 4 more years on their ESPN contract.
            Thanks mayne! You solved the equation fam!

Comment

You think DAZN can afford Top Rank? They're killing themselves throwing cash at boxing. Clearly the solution for this would be to throw more money at boxing!

DAZN shouldn't do anything until they hire an actual boxing guy.

Comment

Working...
              X