Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 11-15-2019, 04:20 PM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1986 Post(s)
KillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,505.28
Total Points: 67,560.83
happy birthday bro cheer da fcuk up and have a beer - -jose- 
Default Serious Question. Who has the better Resume DSG or GGG

I like both guys. But i just don't see how you can rank GGGs resume over DSG.

Im curious to see whats yall opinions are

Btw official wins only so no Canelo.

Last edited by KillaMane26; 11-15-2019 at 06:07 PM.
KillaMane26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 04:34 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2844 Post(s)
Boxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 95,140.13

GGG good official wins - SD, Jacobs, Murray, Lemieux
DSG good official wins - Khan, Matthyse

I think GGG pretty clearly...which makes sense since he is 37 and DSG 31...has quite a few more quality wins as well...guys like Ouma, Brook, Monroe, Geale, Stevens etc....compared to guys like Judah, Peterson, and Paulie etc for DSG.

I really just want to see how those who swear by DSG having a much better resume than GGG spin all of that into somehow saying DSG has the much better resume...just makes 0 sense to me.
Boxing_1013 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 04:42 PM #3
Echoes out of Aegina

Quoted: 4234 Post(s)
Koba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 104,581.04
Total Points: 2,140,173.99
No Message - MDPopescu giving gifts to legends - sugarsmosley to wipe the tears when bhop beats kovalev - jas knows his boxing - jas a good poster - jas 
Congrats on the newborn! - -KULT- Happy Father's Day, and congrats! :D - DionysusX Congrats! - MDPopescu Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - 1hourRun 

Similarish I'd say. Probably best way to do it given that it ain't possible to directly compare divisions and the impossibility of avoiding bias of one sort or another is to look at the rankings of their various opponents at the time they fought 'em. TBRB would be my first choice, but some of Dannys decent wins came before it's inauguration, so maybe ring too. Suppose it also depends to agree how you weigh losses and what importance you attach to dominance.

Funnily enough whilst I ain't a fan of Boxrec for anything other than reference puposes it could be kinda useful here, cos that is literally what it is, a comparison of resumes freed from human bias (though whether you agree with their algorithms and the built in biases rewarding KOs and stuff is a different question).

Last edited by Koba-Grozny; 11-15-2019 at 04:51 PM.
Koba-Grozny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 04:45 PM #4
PBC on LEAN!

Quoted: 5716 Post(s)
Young Bidness Young Bidness Young Bidness Young Bidness Young Bidness Young Bidness Young Bidness Young Bidness Young Bidness Young Bidness Young Bidness
Total Points: 342,315.26

All I know is Danny’s wife got a phatass and a very colorful and happy family.

GGG, never invites his wife and kids anywhere. Legend has it that GGG’s “wife” is always locked at home like a “good girl.”
Young Bidness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 04:46 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6944 Post(s)
Scipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 27,516.10
Total Points: 94,007.11
liar - cheeseburger agenda troll - cheeseburger 8===o - cheeseburger agenda troll - cheeseburger enjoy - -MAKAVELLI- 
- enjoy - cheeseburger **** - cheeseburger 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
GGG good official wins - SD, Jacobs, Murray, Lemieux
DSG good official wins - Khan, Matthyse

I think GGG pretty clearly...which makes sense since he is 37 and DSG 31...has quite a few more quality wins as well...guys like Ouma, Brook, Monroe, Geale, Stevens etc....compared to guys like Judah, Peterson, and Paulie etc for DSG.

I really just want to see how those who swear by DSG having a much better resume than GGG spin all of that into somehow saying DSG has the much better resume...just makes 0 sense to me.
How you have the boldness to rate the Murray and Lemieux fights as good wins is beyond me.

If you're going to count Murray, you may as well count Campbell, Holt, and Peterson too.
Scipio2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 04:49 PM #6
Undisputed Champion

Boxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio2009 View Post
How you have the boldness to rate the Murray and Lemieux fights as good wins is beyond me.

If you're going to count Murray, you may as well count Campbell, Holt, and Peterson too.
See that's kind of my point...it's almost like people don't even follow some divisions here...Murray just came off a 'win' vs Sergio in Argentina before that GGG fight...and Sergio wasn't completely shot by that point.

Lemeiux was on a 9 fight win streak - and had a belt - including 7 KOs and 2 wins over Ndam and Rosado...I mean how people can hate on those wins for GGG...just makes 0 sense really.

To put those guys in the same league as Campbell and Holt...I mean wut...I would struggle to put those 2 guys as quality wins at all for Danny...they would be like GGG beating Wade...which is about his 20th best win...and those guys are like the 12th best win probably for DSG.

So yeah the outrage you appear to have at someone listing Murray and Lemieux as good wins...and you wanting to put literal 'whos' in there for Danny...I mean wut.

Last edited by Boxing_1013; 11-15-2019 at 04:55 PM.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:53 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
Similarish I'd say. Probably best way to do it given that it ain't possible to directly compare divisions and the impossibility of avoiding bias of one sort or another is to look at the rankings of their various opponents at the time they fought 'em. TBRB would be my first choice, but some of Dannys decent wins came before it's inauguration, so maybe ring too.

Funnily enough whilst I ain't a fan of Boxrec for anything other than reference puposes it could be kinda useful here, cos that is literally what it is, a comparison of resumes freed from human bias (though whether you agree with their algorithms and the built in biases rewarding KOs and stuff is a different question).
Right and boxrec has GGG at 3 pfp...and Danny is like 15th...but I'm sure people will try to explain that away too...even though as you said, boxrec is pretty much the best way to compare official resumes, since all they are doing is ranking guys based on official wins.

Would need to discount some wins and prop some others up in that case...but that would probably affect Danny worse here...he has 3 wins over Erik Morales and Zab Judah which would probably be rated as way better wins than they should be at that time.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:55 PM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3042 Post(s)
ShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond reputeShaneMosleySr has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 163,113.87

GGG has the higher quality wins at the top of his resume, Danny Garcia has more wins against recognizable name fighters.

I understand both arguments.
ShaneMosleySr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 05:01 PM #9
Interim Champion

Quoted: 375 Post(s)
ralex is infamous around these partsralex is infamous around these partsralex is infamous around these partsralex is infamous around these partsralex is infamous around these partsralex is infamous around these partsralex is infamous around these partsralex is infamous around these partsralex is infamous around these partsralex is infamous around these partsralex is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,512.81
Total Points: 25,627.97

Danny lost his toughest fights so I’d give the slight edge to ggg

Had Danny beat either Thurman or porter id give him the edge
ralex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 05:08 PM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 19017 Post(s)
aboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,630.32
Total Points: 248,222.45
This id should have kick me and dildos every where. Sh1t poster. - mrdogtown1975 Very good post in the Man creates homunculus thread - punchr No Message - ИATAS No Message - ИATAS No Message - Scott.Weiland. 
Keeping it real - Nomadic It's about money - Nomadic Always great posts, one of the best people on here! - JK1700 Undisputed - travestyny 

Danny Garcia obviously has a MUCH better resume than Golovkin

the only posters who disagree are casuals, who have no clue about levels

so yea... not surprised to see the usual class-clown frantically waving his GGG1013-flag
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
aboutfkntime is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends