Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 10-24-2019, 03:32 PM #1
Banned

Quoted: 25636 Post(s)
Motorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 142,965.56
Total Points: 817,205.92
always dropping hot boxing news first - Sup Do your thang m8 - Canelo and GGG for exposing (((them))) - Sup Nobody cared when you were banned because nobody likes you - Arthur Dayne Good effort!!! - MDPopescu 
Rock on brother - siablo14 splitting your mommy clean in two - //// clown - apples Because you can't keep our white dlcks out of your mouth - !nternation Thanks for the help - 1bad65 
for keeping us informed...thanks for your efforts - jazluvr to celebrate the life of Roy Hargrove - jazluvr Your reparations - Robbie Barrett Enjoy your ban, bum. Maybe get a job since you're not busy making 1,000 posts a day. - Bob Haymon 
Default Len Blavatnik pulls personal funding for DAZN. Seeks $500 mil from investors

Quote:

DAZN, a sports streaming service owned by billionaire Len Blavatnik and led by former ESPN President John Skipper, is seeking to raise at least $500 million, according to people familiar with the matter.

The funds will mostly likely be used to support DAZN’s expansion efforts. The subscription service launched in Germany and Japan in 2016, entered the U.S. market in 2018 and now operates in nine countries. Earlier this year, the company doubled its monthly price in the U.S. to $20.
DAZN has spent lavishly to acquire sports broadcast rights, including a $1 billion partnership with Matchroom Boxing and a $365 million deal with boxer Canelo Alvarez, which was at the time with the richest single-athlete contract in sports history. Goldman Sachs Group Inc. is working on the fundraising, according to two of the people, who asked not to be identified because the matter is private.

Up to now, DAZN’s expansion has been supported by Blavatnik, who is worth $25.5 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. The fundraising effort may be a sign that he is no longer willing to solely carry the cost of broadcast rights.

DAZN (pronounced “da-zone”) has grown quickly by spending a lot in a short amount of time. In 2016, for example, the company quickly committed $3 billion to media rights in Japan -- including local soccer and baseball, Major League Baseball, the National Football League, all five major European soccer leagues and the Champions League.

The company declined to comment.

With many sports rights in the U.S. locked down in long-term deals, DAZN took a different tack there by trying to dominate boxing. It later added an MLB whip-around show, paying about $300 million over three years.Based in London, DAZN has been mentioned as a possible bidder for future rights to major U.S. sports leagues, including the National Football League.

DAZN began as part of Perform Group Ltd., a London-based company Blavatnik formed in 2007. Perform acted as a middleman for content, buying rights to games and data from sports teams, and packaging them for broadcasters.

The businesses were separated, and Blavatnik sold Perform earlier this year to Vista Equity Partners.
[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
Motorcity Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 04:19 PM #2
Banned

Quoted: 944 Post(s)
Vodkaholic has a reputation beyond reputeVodkaholic has a reputation beyond reputeVodkaholic has a reputation beyond reputeVodkaholic has a reputation beyond reputeVodkaholic has a reputation beyond reputeVodkaholic has a reputation beyond reputeVodkaholic has a reputation beyond reputeVodkaholic has a reputation beyond reputeVodkaholic has a reputation beyond reputeVodkaholic has a reputation beyond reputeVodkaholic has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 31,315.58

Do you still owe Robbie money?
Vodkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 04:26 PM #3
PBC on LEAN!

Quoted: 8345 Post(s)
Mexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 477,457.72

Blavatnik should hook up with Carlos Slim. Slim is a big time Canelo fan and friend! I remember Carlos Slim had a go fund me tshirt sale, raising 14 dollars for one tshirt that said ''Haymon a Betch doe!'' Shirt was sold in less than 1 sec. by a Google bot A.I. Deal was just too good!
Mexican Bidness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 04:31 PM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Monzon99 is infamous around these partsMonzon99 is infamous around these partsMonzon99 is infamous around these partsMonzon99 is infamous around these partsMonzon99 is infamous around these partsMonzon99 is infamous around these partsMonzon99 is infamous around these partsMonzon99 is infamous around these partsMonzon99 is infamous around these partsMonzon99 is infamous around these partsMonzon99 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 37,326.12
Enjoy! - davidw9785 Enjoy! - davidw9785 

So the pressure and motive was there for Joshua to throw the Ruiz fight, to build up a big money rematch for dazn. Because AJ vs Miller or Jennings or Parker is small potatoes. Aj vs Ruiz 2 can be massive.
Monzon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 04:38 PM #5
Laughter for the people!

Quoted: 5414 Post(s)
Citizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,481,724.59
Total Points: 2,551,945.62
No Message - MDPopescu giving gifts to legends - sugarsmosley to wipe the tears when bhop beats kovalev - jas knows his boxing - jas a good poster - jas 
Congrats on the newborn! - -KULT- Happy Father's Day, and congrats! :D - DionysusX Congrats! - MDPopescu Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Cheers bro - Chollo Vista 
Let's go champ! - HeadBodyBodyBody 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - 1hourRun 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

Interesting article, but where does it say that Blavatnik has pulled his personal funding? Not that it matters, but the closest it comes is saying:
Quote:
may be a sign that he is no longer willing to solely carry the cost of broadcast rights
(my emphasis)

Which is not the same thing and makes no bones about being speculative anyway. Basically all it's saying is that he's seeking more investment... in fact the interpretation of the author is that they want to use the money to expand, which is somewhat strange given the tacit implication of your entirely misleading headline.

Have I missed something or were you trying to add a personal slant to 'assist' folk in their interpretation of the article?
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

Last edited by Citizen Koba; 10-24-2019 at 05:17 PM.
Citizen Koba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 04:40 PM #6
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2070 Post(s)
yankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,574.39
Total Points: 37,370.68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
$20 a month. GTFO here. I was thinking about signing up but that's way too much money. I like Boxing but I could get Disney Plus and one of HULU/Netflix or HBO for roughly that price. No wonder people think its failing.
yankees7448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 04:57 PM #7
PBC on LEAN!

Quoted: 8345 Post(s)
Mexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these partsMexican Bidness is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 477,457.72

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees7448 View Post
$20 a month. GTFO here. I was thinking about signing up but that's way too much money. I like Boxing but I could get Disney Plus and one of HULU/Netflix or HBO for roughly that price. No wonder people think its failing.
yeah but Disney Plus, HULU, Netflix or HBO don't have boxing nor do they have Q4 WAR!

speaking of plus, the average person splurges $15 a month on fast food. $20 is a paradise buy for these types!
Mexican Bidness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 05:28 PM #8
The Truth Hurts

Quoted: 5019 Post(s)
sicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,123.61
Total Points: 122,785.73
good posts, here's a gift. - chiguy91 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - CTC JOHNNY CHEERS! - anthonydavid11 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 

Posted months ago that although he is a Billionaire he did not become one wasting his money and it does see like money is just being throw away with no real strategy or way of recouping other than maybe selling DAZN off to the highest bidder eventually which I've also joked about in the past ESPN/Disney ultimately acquiring it and turning it into ESPN+ International or something

Hopefully they can get other investors involved to keep it afloat, I like what they're trying to do and they're putting a lot of money into boxing...BUT it is going to take YEARS to get the rights to sports that can really Drive Up Subscribers especially here in the US because as much as I personally love it, boxing is NOT the sport to drive up Paid Subs here it would take the NFL and NBA to do that

Last edited by sicko; 10-24-2019 at 05:30 PM.
sicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 05:37 PM #9
Laughter for the people!

Quoted: 5414 Post(s)
Citizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,481,724.59
Total Points: 2,551,945.62
No Message - MDPopescu giving gifts to legends - sugarsmosley to wipe the tears when bhop beats kovalev - jas knows his boxing - jas a good poster - jas 
Congrats on the newborn! - -KULT- Happy Father's Day, and congrats! :D - DionysusX Congrats! - MDPopescu Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Cheers bro - Chollo Vista 
Let's go champ! - HeadBodyBodyBody 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - 1hourRun 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicko View Post
Posted months ago that although he is a Billionaire he did not become one wasting his money and it does see like money is just being throw away with no real strategy or way of recouping other than maybe selling DAZN off to the highest bidder eventually which I've also joked about in the past ESPN/Disney ultimately acquiring it and turning it into ESPN+ International or something

Hopefully they can get other investors involved to keep it afloat, I like what they're trying to do and they're putting a lot of money into boxing...BUT it is going to take YEARS to get the rights to sports that can really Drive Up Subscribers especially here in the US because as much as I personally love it, boxing is NOT the sport to drive up Paid Subs here it would take the NFL and NBA to do that
Man. Did you read the article? MCC just straight made up the bit about Blavatnik pulling his personal funds, in fact the article speculates the funds are for additional expansion. Now don't get me wrong, I ain't a fan of any damn promotion and for all I know they might be failing or looking for an exit strategy or whatever - certainly it looks to me like they're being ridiculously profligate - all I'm saying is that this article doesn't say anything like that and the thread title is entirely misleading.
Citizen Koba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 05:40 PM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6453 Post(s)
A.K has a reputation beyond reputeA.K has a reputation beyond reputeA.K has a reputation beyond reputeA.K has a reputation beyond reputeA.K has a reputation beyond reputeA.K has a reputation beyond reputeA.K has a reputation beyond reputeA.K has a reputation beyond reputeA.K has a reputation beyond reputeA.K has a reputation beyond reputeA.K has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,730.88
Total Points: 68,872.61
Ward 115-112 - siablo14 Wash it after use because we know you're full of sh it - LOLffler tomming out in every thread - The Tribe knows his stuff - jas Personal attacks are flagged. - HAMMER77777 
Personal attacks are flagged. - HAMMER77777 Personal attacks are flagged. - HAMMER77777 Knowledgeable - jas hhahaha i got you banned idiot. get owned. uncle tom pretending to be black. - Shaolin Sword bahahha look at you still logging on even tho ur banned. what a loser lmao get a life nerd. logging on while banned smh dont u have friends? - Shaolin Sword 
one of the greats - jas one of the greats - jas 

Panic mode flop mode
A.K is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends