Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 09-02-2019, 12:43 AM #1
Absolution

Quoted: 1736 Post(s)
ikigai has a reputation beyond reputeikigai has a reputation beyond reputeikigai has a reputation beyond reputeikigai has a reputation beyond reputeikigai has a reputation beyond reputeikigai has a reputation beyond reputeikigai has a reputation beyond reputeikigai has a reputation beyond reputeikigai has a reputation beyond reputeikigai has a reputation beyond reputeikigai has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 49,427.36
Default The Joker getting incredible reviews

A lot of perfect scores all around and critics are saying oscar nomination.

I'm sure as hell seeing this one asap.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
ikigai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 12:49 AM #2
Hittin' the heavy bag.

Quoted: 13964 Post(s)
Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,079,203.11
Total Points: 1,145,336.88
Buy another heavy bag, dog. - punchr Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - stephenmc Cheers to a great poster - Sergey Kovalev Even though I often disagree with you, I still enjoy reading your posts.  Here's a beer. - j0zef 
sit on this, man. it will relax you. best wishes, punchr - punchr No Message - Scott. Weiland Great post, man. - anthonydavid11 Red's all about quality! - BoxingFan85 No Message - Scott. Weiland 
Peace out, brother, I was just clowning around. - !! Anorak Happy Easter and sh*t. - DionysusX Cheers! - anthonydavid11 One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder LOL - Tony Trick-Pony 
Because you're cool - jaded "no more than 3 replies" dumbass ) - Ogecca MaMa since you think negative of others. f*ck yourself with it - Ogecca MaMa Block this you queer. - denium Stay classy , my friend! - Tony Trick-Pony 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

It's the only movie I'm going to see in theaters this year. It's going to get overrated and sucked off to the point of obnoxiosness because it's an artsy character study. But, I'm ok with that. I don't expect it to be brilliant but it does look to be the RIGHT movie at the right time. These comic book films have gotten so corny and over the top. Everyone is starting to feel it. This is stripping away the gloss and flash of the genre, which is historically a win. Like Nirvana did to 80's butt rock. Like Clint Eastwood did to the big picture westerns. When things get too "big", the public craves for something more relatable and down to earth.
Redd Foxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 01:00 AM #3
Dinamita

Quoted: 2121 Post(s)
_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,527.75
Total Points: 49,221.45
War Ortiz!!!!!!! - Sir TomJones Thank you bro. - -Pull ma Finga- Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem 
Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem kick this fool, he racist - The Problem Good man, cold one on me - Alx. You deserve more of these - Alx. war sutherland - Mike D 
That long post in White Knight thread had me in tears lol. - Box-Office Wouldn't let me green you just yet - mathed No Message - PorterIsFuture Appreciate the advice. Keep ballin, big pimp boss player. Dueces. - Anxious Times Cunt - Fists_of_Fury 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem 

I'm not surprised, Phoenix always delivers.

Glad to hear the Joker is back to form. Even though I like Leto, he delivered an abomination with his take on the character. .
_original_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 01:58 AM #4
Absolution

ikigai has a reputation beyond reputeikigai has a reputation beyond reputeikigai has a reputation beyond reputeikigai has a reputation beyond reputeikigai has a reputation beyond reputeikigai has a reputation beyond reputeikigai has a reputation beyond reputeikigai has a reputation beyond reputeikigai has a reputation beyond reputeikigai has a reputation beyond reputeikigai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Foxx View Post
It's the only movie I'm going to see in theaters this year. It's going to get overrated and sucked off to the point of obnoxiosness because it's an artsy character study. But, I'm ok with that. I don't expect it to be brilliant but it does look to be the RIGHT movie at the right time. These comic book films have gotten so corny and over the top. Everyone is starting to feel it. This is stripping away the gloss and flash of the genre, which is historically a win. Like Nirvana did to 80's butt rock. Like Clint Eastwood did to the big picture westerns. When things get too "big", the public craves for something more relatable and down to earth.
What if it's not overrated though. What if it's better than you think lol

I'm ****ing hyped bruh. It looks like an in your face visceral character portrayal of the joker.

The joker, whenever you see him is supposed to make your skin crawl because he has no humanity in him.. he's like a living demon. He's pure evil and madness and the more pain he causes the more intense his enjoyment.

Here's to hoping a movie finally did a true villain justice.

**** thanos's corny ass, the joker is supposed to terrify you, he's supposed to invade every corner of your psyche and make you insane.

When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.. that's what the joker is.. a chaotic abyss.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:04 AM #5
Phenomdeaux

Quoted: 5314 Post(s)
Phenom has disabled reputation
Bank: 1,527.97
Total Points: 87,122.85
Have a slice.....itís not Chicago style but hey.......Who needs all thatís doe anyway ???  All that just to say Iím out of green lol  ! - BERNIE'S CORNER I ain't mad, you just come across as a tool - Sn1 No Message - afgbjfgmih 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - bearman3000 

Is it based on Killing joke?

Joker is the best comic book villain by far
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:07 AM #6
Hittin' the heavy bag.

Quoted: 13964 Post(s)
Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,079,203.11
Total Points: 1,145,336.88
Buy another heavy bag, dog. - punchr Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - stephenmc Cheers to a great poster - Sergey Kovalev Even though I often disagree with you, I still enjoy reading your posts.  Here's a beer. - j0zef 
sit on this, man. it will relax you. best wishes, punchr - punchr No Message - Scott. Weiland Great post, man. - anthonydavid11 Red's all about quality! - BoxingFan85 No Message - Scott. Weiland 
Peace out, brother, I was just clowning around. - !! Anorak Happy Easter and sh*t. - DionysusX Cheers! - anthonydavid11 One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder LOL - Tony Trick-Pony 
Because you're cool - jaded "no more than 3 replies" dumbass ) - Ogecca MaMa since you think negative of others. f*ck yourself with it - Ogecca MaMa Block this you queer. - denium Stay classy , my friend! - Tony Trick-Pony 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikigai View Post
What if it's not overrated though. What if it's better than you think lol

I'm ****ing hyped bruh. It looks like an in your face visceral character portrayal of the joker.

The joker, whenever you see him is supposed to make your skin crawl because he has no humanity in him.. he's like a living demon. He's pure evil and madness and the more pain he causes the more intense his enjoyment.

Here's to hoping a movie finally did a true villain justice.

**** thanos's corny ass, the joker is supposed to terrify you, he's supposed to invade every corner of your psyche and make you insane.

When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.. that's what the joker is.. a chaotic abyss.
wtf...
You probably don't realize this but your analysis of the joker means you should hate this movie because it's clearly humanizing him, not making him a "demon" with "no humanity". The very first thing the trailers for this film do is create sympathy by showing him as pathetic and misunderstood.
Redd Foxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:52 AM #7
Thunderdome POTY, 2019

Quoted: 2915 Post(s)
Pretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,262,690.73
Total Points: 1,361,512.89
No Message - R E A S O N No Message - R E A S O N No Message - R E A S O N No Message - R E A S O N No Message - R E A S O N 
No Message - R E A S O N No Message - R E A S O N Fattin up your gifts Fam - The Gully Gad No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Happy holiday f@g! - led* No Message - RwK No Message - RwK Since you got no di.ck last night,here's a hotdog! - HughJass For the epic thread fail lol.This will make you happy. - HughJass 
Happy New Year!! All the best for 2016!! - Pretty Boy1 thanks for the fap material - Santa_ One of the GOAT posters - JK1700 Ginger Wigger wishes he was black lmfao - $Bullsfam$ Boxingscene's best. Give this man some respect. Drinks on me bruh - Chollo Vista 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Grand Champ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Schism Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Kevin Jesus Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - killakali 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Artur Kyshenko Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr449 Autism - D.I.E.S.E.L 

It got an 8 minute standing ovation at its premiere. Itís going to be epic
Pretty Boy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:56 AM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Straight Up has a reputation beyond reputeStraight Up has a reputation beyond reputeStraight Up has a reputation beyond reputeStraight Up has a reputation beyond reputeStraight Up has a reputation beyond reputeStraight Up has a reputation beyond reputeStraight Up has a reputation beyond reputeStraight Up has a reputation beyond reputeStraight Up has a reputation beyond reputeStraight Up has a reputation beyond reputeStraight Up has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,382.91
Total Points: 29,083.55
Great What Would You Do To Her Thread, bruh - Tony Trick-Pony 

i hope it's not hyped like that once upon item in hollywood crap which is shietty.
Straight Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 03:08 AM #9
Absolution

Quote:
wtf...
You probably don't realize this but your analysis of the joker means you should hate this movie because it's clearly humanizing him, not making him a "demon" with "no humanity". The very first thing the trailers for this film do is create sympathy by showing him as pathetic and misunderstood.
Um that's the joker origin story dude.

He was a corny dude who only wanted to make people smile, but everybody hated him because he was so corny.

Life played joke after joke on him, life was unbelievably cruel to him even though all he wanted to do was make people smile.

His pregnant wife was the only good thing in his life and then she just one day electolrocuted herself and died, leaving him completely alone.

And that began his descent into madness culminating into the chemical spill accident where he became completely insane.

I explained this better in the other thread but im wasted right now im lol, go look up what i posted in ghost of dempsey's joker thread.

I am ****ed up right now lol i can't dive into it deeper.
Old 09-02-2019, 03:23 AM #10
Absolution

Quote:
wtf...
Here: I made this post a few months ago, and it looks like the movie is loosely based off of the joker origin story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikigai View Post
The real origin story is that the joker was a corny loser whose main goal in life was to make people laugh and smile. No matter how much he wanted to make people smile, he was just so corny and everyone hated him no matter what he did.

He had the noblest and most selfless of goals, but life cursed him at every turn in the worst ways. His wife was the only good thing in his life, and then she died in the corniest way possible by a freak accident elecrocuting herself with a baby bottle warmer. The joker was an ok dude, but life always played the cruelest of jokes on him.

When he fell into that vat of industrial waste, he gave in to the madness of life, to its cruel, merciless irony... that chemical soup burned away every shred of his sanity and soul and he became the very aspect of the unfeeling chaos that had cursed him since the day he was born.

Share This With Friends