Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 06-02-2019, 08:45 PM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4205 Post(s)
Boxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 157,892.63
Default Serious boxing thread - why did Joshua look so bad last night?

Was Ruiz better than most people thought?

Bad matchup?

Nerves/etc from his first US fight?

Didn't take training seriously?

Weak chin finally caught up to him?

The result and fight last night was just really puzzling to me - Joshua was getting backed up from the get go by this fat smaller guy lol. It was just odd to see him unable to really do much to back Ruiz up or hurt him.

I haven't watched all of AJ's fights in total - but he was able to get the job done against Povetkin, Wlad, Takam, White, and Breazeale and KO them. Got by Parker with a UD. Not exactly a HOF resume, especially considering Povetkin and Wlad were past prime and the others not that great.

But I just felt Ruiz would be in the same category as the Whites, Breazeales, Takams, Povetkins and Parkers.

I've never really seen footage of AJ looking bad in a fight before - and he looked awful to me pretty much the entire fight. I always thought AJ could really box - why couldn't he back up this dude lol?

Really not trolling - just trying to wrap my head around what the hell happened last night.
Boxing_1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:46 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1910 Post(s)
KingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,460.90
Total Points: 32,852.64

I was surprised by the result, but I wouldn't say he was "exposed". His flaws have always been flagrant and Ruiz is no bum.
KingHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:49 PM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5910 Post(s)
revelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 149,050.67
Total Points: 310,782.48
Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps Easily one of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 One of the more knowledgable ones here - 1bad65 Love ur avatar pic - 7not8 "I didn't see the fight as I'm into the subscription model yet". Why comment then you fkn moron! - Boxing Goat 
because you're still an idiot - Boxing Goat I'm sure you have tons of these you delusional cunt - Fists_of_Fury Because you never cease to make stupid @ss threads - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing1013 View Post

Bad matchup?

The result and fight last night was just really puzzling to me - Joshua was getting backed up from the get go by this fat smaller guy lol. It was just odd to see him unable to really do much to back Ruiz up or hurt him.

I haven't watched all of AJ's fights in total - but he was able to get the job done against Povetkin, Wlad, Takam, White, and Breazeale and KO them. Got by Parker with a UD. Not exactly a HOF resume, especially considering Povetkin and Wlad were past prime and the others not that great.

But I just felt Ruiz would be in the same category as the Whites, Breazeales, Takams, Povetkins and Parkers.

I've never really seen footage of AJ looking bad in a fight before - and he looked awful to me pretty much the entire fight. I always thought AJ could really box - why couldn't he back up this dude lol?

Really not trolling - just trying to wrap my head around what the hell happened last night.
I noticed two things. Three actually.

First Joshua has never been a good inside fighter. Ever. He never had to be. But he has no power without max range. Ruiz did a great job staying just outside which forced Joshua to over commit and get checked.

Second Joshua kept looking for the right hand for some reason. Ruiz not only kept a solid guard, he stayed just that little bit off center which again, led to over committing.

Third, when Ruiz hit him it was right on the temple. That jacked the equilibrium which affects balance and stability. From there it was target practice.
revelated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:50 PM #4
Undisputed Champion

Boxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHippo View Post
I was surprised by the result, but I wouldn't say he was "exposed". His flaws have always been flagrant and Ruiz is no bum.
Either Ruiz hits pretty hard or Joshua has a terrible chin imo. I've seen him wobbled before by not huge punches...and the shot Wlad hit him with was not the biggest imo.

AJ was wobbled or hurt by quite of few of Ruiz's shots last night that weren't even big I felt like.

I want to go back and watch the Ruiz Parker fight in total now - didn't realize that was his only loss. And I actually remember watching that in the background the night it was on, and I was impressed/surprised at how effective Ruiz was at walking down his more physically impressive counterpart. History repeated last night I guess.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:55 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
I noticed two things. Three actually.

First Joshua has never been a good inside fighter. Ever. He never had to be. But he has no power without max range. Ruiz did a great job staying just outside which forced Joshua to over commit and get checked.

Second Joshua kept looking for the right hand for some reason. Ruiz not only kept a solid guard, he stayed just that little bit off center which again, led to over committing.

Third, when Ruiz hit him it was right on the temple. That jacked the equilibrium which affects balance and stability. From there it was target practice.
Thanks bro - good analysis. I will look out for this stuff the next time I give that fight a watch.

So I guess when Joshua tried to jab Ruiz kept good distance and was just out of range, which left him open to counters? I'll have to really look for that. Probably the case.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:56 PM #6
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1910 Post(s)
KingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,460.90
Total Points: 32,852.64

Quote:
I want to go back and watch the Ruiz Parker fight in total now - didn't realize that was his only loss. And I actually remember watching that in the background the night it was on, and I was impressed/surprised at how effective Ruiz was at walking down his more physically impressive counterpart. History repeated last night I guess.
I actually had Ruiz as a favorite against Parker and he always impressed me. Did pretty great in that fight too. Great speed, power and punch selection. Did not expect this however.
KingHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:56 PM #7
Contender

Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Granath is infamous around these partsGranath is infamous around these partsGranath is infamous around these partsGranath is infamous around these partsGranath is infamous around these partsGranath is infamous around these partsGranath is infamous around these partsGranath is infamous around these partsGranath is infamous around these partsGranath is infamous around these partsGranath is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 15,877.99
Suck on this, f4gg0t - denium 

Quote:

Bad matchup?

I don't know and I don't know if we'll ever know. Here's what I saw though...

1. Joshua looked pensive the entire fight. Stiff. His hands weren't loose at all. I know Joshua tends to look a bit stiff anyway but he looked even more so last night.

2. Joshua always looks like he's in tip-top shape. He didn't look as chiseled to me as he normally does. The abs weren't as pronounced. Ruiz looks like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man so Joshua looks like an Adonis next to him but he wasn't in prime shape.

3. Joshua looked gassed. It's strange that he looked so tired. Not like "I didn't get enough sleep" but more like "I'm suffering from mercury poisoning" kind of tired.

4. Every time he hit Ruiz with a shot he stopped to look, like "oh I hit you, are you going to hit me back?" In fact, that last hook of his knocked the sweat from Ruiz' head and instead of following up he just stared at him. Ruiz threw the overhand right that started the end. Ruiz own left landed as Joshua's hit but it was more of a slapping left. If that really hurt Joshua then his chin is totally glass.
Granath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:03 PM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granath View Post
I don't know and I don't know if we'll ever know. Here's what I saw though...

1. Joshua looked pensive the entire fight. Stiff. His hands weren't loose at all. I know Joshua tends to look a bit stiff anyway but he looked even more so last night.

2. Joshua always looks like he's in tip-top shape. He didn't look as chiseled to me as he normally does. The abs weren't as pronounced. Ruiz looks like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man so Joshua looks like an Adonis next to him but he wasn't in prime shape.

3. Joshua looked gassed. It's strange that he looked so tired. Not like "I didn't get enough sleep" but more like "I'm suffering from mercury poisoning" kind of tired.

4. Every time he hit Ruiz with a shot he stopped to look, like "oh I hit you, are you going to hit me back?" In fact, that last hook of his knocked the sweat from Ruiz' head and instead of following up he just stared at him. Ruiz threw the overhand right that started the end. Ruiz own left landed as Joshua's hit but it was more of a slapping left. If that really hurt Joshua then his chin is totally glass.
Thanks man - good points. I too was pretty stunned by how listless Joshua looked last night. I thought he boxed up Wlad pretty well (before the KD) and then finished that fight impressively, showing some real heart.

The guy that showed up last night, I mean I didn't see the boxing skills, the heart, the toughness, the power, no chin. Just incredible in a way that none of that showed up imo.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:04 PM #9
molṑn labé

Quoted: 5008 Post(s)
mathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 124,721.08
Total Points: 144,715.36
No Message - mathed No Message - mathed No Message - mathed No Message - mathed No Message - mathed 
No Message - mathed No Message - mathed No Message - mathed No Message - mathed No Message - mathed 
No Message - mathed No Message - mathed No Message - mathed No Message - Omowale Tribe Cross our fingers and hope Ward-Kovalev happens without any issues!! - Bronze Bomber 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Artur Kyshenko Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Childhood Cancer - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - mathed Autism - Lorily Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Underboss Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jas Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - jas 

He was drugged by his promoter to ensure a Ruiz rematch in the UK.
mathed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:06 PM #10
Interim Champion

Quoted: 327 Post(s)
2ndroundko is a splendid one to behold2ndroundko is a splendid one to behold2ndroundko is a splendid one to behold2ndroundko is a splendid one to behold2ndroundko is a splendid one to behold2ndroundko is a splendid one to behold2ndroundko is a splendid one to behold2ndroundko is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 1,598.12
Total Points: 21,321.03

joshua hasnt been the same since the klitschko fight. he looked terrible against takam and was weaking down the stretch. the parker performance was bad. both of them fought scared. and povetkin was shot to sh--.

his suspect chin and lack of stamina were exposed last night. what we learned is that mentally he's not as strong as we originally thought.
2ndroundko is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxing, joshua, night?, serious, thread