Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 07-05-2006, 08:28 PM #1
#1 P4P Heavyweight

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
NJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 118,891.00
Default Could have Mike Tyson been better if he grew up different?

I was wondering if Tyson could've been a better boxer if he was growing up better as in a better environment, better parents etc.

I don't think he would've been successful because if he grew up rich in the suburbs or something with nice loving parents, he could've been a boxer but not as good as he was.

IMO, the rage from his childhood made him a better boxer. It made him a bad PERSON but a great BOXER.

Thoughts?
NJFighter91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-05-2006, 08:42 PM #2
Interim Champion

micky_knox has a reputation beyond reputemicky_knox has a reputation beyond reputemicky_knox has a reputation beyond reputemicky_knox has a reputation beyond reputemicky_knox has a reputation beyond reputemicky_knox has a reputation beyond reputemicky_knox has a reputation beyond reputemicky_knox has a reputation beyond reputemicky_knox has a reputation beyond reputemicky_knox has a reputation beyond reputemicky_knox has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,826.93

tyson carried a lot of rage from his childhood into the ring.....

i think that definatly was a major part of what made him the fighter he was
micky_knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:47 PM #3
#1 P4P Heavyweight

NJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky_knox
tyson carried a lot of rage from his childhood into the ring.....

i think that definatly was a major part of what made him the fighter he was
Exactly. I think his normal childhood made him a great fighter but a terrible person.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:48 PM #4
Man On Fire

Smokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 436,842.34

Yes. Cus babied Tyson and basically gave into every demand he wanted because he thought Tyson was the next big thing and the next great champ. If Cus and Rooney instilled some discipline into Tyson he could of been the Greatest fighter of all time, at least out of the heavyweights.
Smokin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:50 PM #5
Contender

BAREKNUCKLES has a reputation beyond reputeBAREKNUCKLES has a reputation beyond reputeBAREKNUCKLES has a reputation beyond reputeBAREKNUCKLES has a reputation beyond reputeBAREKNUCKLES has a reputation beyond reputeBAREKNUCKLES has a reputation beyond reputeBAREKNUCKLES has a reputation beyond reputeBAREKNUCKLES has a reputation beyond reputeBAREKNUCKLES has a reputation beyond reputeBAREKNUCKLES has a reputation beyond reputeBAREKNUCKLES has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 19,126.00

Tyson would have been a better fighter had he been taught some basics of life. He didn't need to be rich or poor, but just taught a real work ethic and, this is important, how to rebound from failure.

That was Mike's biggest downfall, he didn't know how to deal with resistance. He folded when someone got through his normal game.

A proper role model during youth could have instilled that value in him, but he was a great fighter non the less.
BAREKNUCKLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:52 PM #6
Future Champion

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Verstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,709,962,283,793.00
Total Points: 87,609,963,087,936.34
Congrats on 38K posts Vers mah homie!!!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! to the big homie - Larryx2011 great lounge poster - RINGG interesting/good threads man. - chiguy91 for an atg poster - jazluvr 
For all your kindness and support - Lorily :lol1: that shyt ain't right and awkward thread - jose830 No Message - MELLY-MEL... Thanks bro - BulgariasFinest Welcome back bud - TBear 
Happy Holidays Verstyle.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - TBear No Message - TBear No Message - TBear 40,000 posts! :fing02: - jose830 
4 d 40k - led* 40k son - MELLY-MEL... have a great time at the fight tomorrow night! - HUGH JASS good to see you around - -jose- Merry Christmas Verstyle - TBear 

well i live in the suburbs with parents that make alot of money.hell i dont have to work if i wanted to. but i still go to boxing and work at the gym like i have nothing. it makes be alot better
Verstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:45 PM #7
Contender

ricecrispi has a reputation beyond reputericecrispi has a reputation beyond reputericecrispi has a reputation beyond reputericecrispi has a reputation beyond reputericecrispi has a reputation beyond reputericecrispi has a reputation beyond reputericecrispi has a reputation beyond reputericecrispi has a reputation beyond reputericecrispi has a reputation beyond reputericecrispi has a reputation beyond reputericecrispi has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 15,070.00

rage didn't make Tyson a good figter. It was the skills cus, atlas, and rooney gave tyson. It was also the desire to be a a great heavyweight champ.

Cus tried to control Tyson and teach discpline but couldn't. Tyson was a troublemaker from the start and when he realized he could get away with **** he did.
ricecrispi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:17 PM #8
#1 P4P Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricecrispi
rage didn't make Tyson a good figter. It was the skills cus, atlas, and rooney gave tyson. It was also the desire to be a a great heavyweight champ.

Cus tried to control Tyson and teach discpline but couldn't. Tyson was a troublemaker from the start and when he realized he could get away with **** he did.
But let's say Tyson just grew up differently. Went to school, high school, college, was taught morals, ethics, and controlling emotions. Would he still be as good as he was?

Were some of his "bas as a person" qualities good for him in the ring?
Old 07-06-2006, 12:34 AM #9
Up and Comer

nomercy90 will become famous soon enoughnomercy90 will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 14,981.99

Quote:
well i live in the suburbs with parents that make alot of money.hell i dont have to work if i wanted to. but i still go to boxing and work at the gym like i have nothing. it makes be alot better
kind of the same with me, i have other motivators to train my ass off, but my parents don't make alot of money, enough to pay the bills and sometimes a little extra, i'm 16 but i have a job and pay for most of my expenses
nomercy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:19 AM #10
Undisputed Champion

Southpaw16 has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16 has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16 has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16 has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16 has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16 has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16 has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16 has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16 has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16 has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 90,314.18

Mike Tyson started boxing when he was sent to some sort of juvenile detention boarding school. At least this is what I read in Ring magazine once. Anyways, if he didn't have that upbringing he may have never found boxing in the first place.
Southpaw16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List