Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 10-02-2018, 11:34 PM #1
Contender

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
tcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,020.15
Total Points: 6,923.40
Default Sparring video from today

I sparred 4 - 3 minute rounds with :30 seconds rest with fresh opponents (5 rds total, had a warm up then came off for a couple rds before doing my 4 in a row). This was the 4th round against Kurt. Dude that sent the video to me had to cut some of it off in order to send it.

Hard sparring is Thursday. I'm going to try to get someone to record every round, I usually forget to record until like halfway through my rounds.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Edit: I'm in the red headgear, black gloves.
tcbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-03-2018, 12:05 AM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3757 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 20,046.21
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 

Are these guys novices? Amateurs?
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 12:09 AM #3
Contender

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
tcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 6,923.40

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRed View Post
Are these guys novices? Amateurs?
This guys been training for a couple years but hes like 33. Some of the guys I spar fight amateur, some have been just training in the gym for some time.

I sort of get objectives for each round depending on who I'm sparring. So I don't go to the head a lot and watch the power with anyone near my weight or lower.
tcbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 03:29 PM #4
SRR by Triangle Theory

Quoted: 1489 Post(s)
Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 23,319.49
Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry 
Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz 
One of the great posters - jas Merry Cristmas Rockin' - TBear :) - Salim_Shady Thank you for bumping the Rockin' story thread, I would have otherwise never seen it and I really enjoyed reading it. - Tyler_Durden Icon says it all - jazluvr 
Happy hoidays - jazluvr Thanks for the green! - GhostofDempsey Cheers! - Shontae De'marc Thanks! - GhostofDempsey What a faggot, deleting your posts and snitching on users. Gtfo this forum btch - lfc19titles 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Why are you switching to south paw? You accomplish nothing and then switch back to your natural stance. And why are you trying jabs with him? With this guy, simply get the timing of his jab. And then when ever he jabs, slip it to your left and just stick your right hand out there. He will run right in to it and then follow with the hook. Do this all in one motion. Get out the way while sticking your right hand out there. Once you are comfortable with it you can really put some power behind it. Against a south paw you want to move to your left, away from his power. Simply get low and shoot straight right hands in to his belly and then of course follow with your hook. Any time that you throw your right hand you should throw the hook behind it. You have to get back in to position anyway, might as well get in position throwing the hook ….Rockin'
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

Last edited by Rockin'; 10-03-2018 at 03:34 PM.
Rockin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 11:32 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3757 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 20,046.21
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' View Post
Why are you switching to south paw? You accomplish nothing and then switch back to your natural stance. And why are you trying jabs with him? With this guy, simply get the timing of his jab. And then when ever he jabs, slip it to your left and just stick your right hand out there. He will run right in to it and then follow with the hook. Do this all in one motion. Get out the way while sticking your right hand out there. Once you are comfortable with it you can really put some power behind it. Against a south paw you want to move to your left, away from his power. Simply get low and shoot straight right hands in to his belly and then of course follow with your hook. Any time that you throw your right hand you should throw the hook behind it. You have to get back in to position anyway, might as well get in position throwing the hook .Rockin'
^^^^^ wisdom from Rockin
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 01:59 AM #6
Amateur

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
NomiNee has a reputation beyond reputeNomiNee has a reputation beyond reputeNomiNee has a reputation beyond reputeNomiNee has a reputation beyond reputeNomiNee has a reputation beyond reputeNomiNee has a reputation beyond reputeNomiNee has a reputation beyond reputeNomiNee has a reputation beyond reputeNomiNee has a reputation beyond reputeNomiNee has a reputation beyond reputeNomiNee has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,005.00
Total Points: 6,048.00
Thumbs up

Mate I'm really glad that your training is going well and you're posting videos! About your boxing - sometimes you're too hesitant to throw punches, and your chin is a bit higher, tuck it even more. Good job recording, we unfortunately don't do that, cause usually everyone is busy doing something. But we record sometimes when we spar with guys from other gyms, when they visit or we go to their gym. Here's one of my older sparring records. I'm in red with blue gloves
. [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]. Uploaded just now - inspired by you
NomiNee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 03:34 AM #7
SRR by Triangle Theory

Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry 
Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz 
One of the great posters - jas Merry Cristmas Rockin' - TBear :) - Salim_Shady Thank you for bumping the Rockin' story thread, I would have otherwise never seen it and I really enjoyed reading it. - Tyler_Durden Icon says it all - jazluvr 
Happy hoidays - jazluvr Thanks for the green! - GhostofDempsey Cheers! - Shontae De'marc Thanks! - GhostofDempsey What a faggot, deleting your posts and snitching on users. Gtfo this forum btch - lfc19titles 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomiNee View Post
Mate I'm really glad that your training is going well and you're posting videos! About your boxing - sometimes you're too hesitant to throw punches, and your chin is a bit higher, tuck it even more. Good job recording, we unfortunately don't do that, cause usually everyone is busy doing something. But we record sometimes when we spar with guys from other gyms, when they visit or we go to their gym. Here's one of my older sparring records. I'm in red with blue gloves
. [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]. Uploaded just now - inspired by you
Very nice work. The one thing that I can't get out of my mind though is how you do not step in at all with your jab. Besides that I would say that the other guy had more experience but you still got off some good shots/combos. With your jab, you 'll lean your body in and reach with that jab. Why not just take a step at 45/135 degrees and work around your man while you're getting closer. Double up, triple up on that and work around him. Watch any Michael Nunn fight and watch how he works around his man. And when it's time he brings in his power hand. Very nice work, indeed...…..Rockin

Last edited by Rockin'; 10-04-2018 at 03:41 AM.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:37 AM #8
Amateur

NomiNee has a reputation beyond reputeNomiNee has a reputation beyond reputeNomiNee has a reputation beyond reputeNomiNee has a reputation beyond reputeNomiNee has a reputation beyond reputeNomiNee has a reputation beyond reputeNomiNee has a reputation beyond reputeNomiNee has a reputation beyond reputeNomiNee has a reputation beyond reputeNomiNee has a reputation beyond reputeNomiNee has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Very nice work. The one thing that I can't get out of my mind though is how you do not step in at all with your jab. Besides that I would say that the other guy had more experience but you still got off some good shots/combos. With your jab, you 'll lean your body in and reach with that jab. Why not just take a step at 45/135 degrees and work around your man while you're getting closer. Double up, triple up on that and work around him. Watch any Michael Nunn fight and watch how he works around his man. And when it's time he brings in his power hand. Very nice work, indeed.....Rockin
Thank you sir! You are right my feet was falling behind, my footwork was bad. Besides, maybe that was because of huge hematoma on my right calf, I remember that I jammed it that day at the work
. Around 4 years have passed, I'm improved my footwork a bit since. Michael Nunn is from another dimension, watched his fights, incredible footwork and speed.One of the forgotten greats.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:42 AM #9
SRR by Triangle Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomiNee View Post
Thank you sir! You are right my feet was falling behind, my footwork was bad. Besides, maybe that was because of huge hematoma on my right calf, I remember that I jammed it that day at the work
. Around 4 years have passed, I'm improved my footwork a bit since. Michael Nunn is from another dimension, watched his fights, incredible footwork and speed.One of the forgotten greats.
Yeah, James pulled the rabbit from the hat in his fight with Nunn. Nunn was really good....Rockin'
Old 10-04-2018, 04:52 AM #10
Amateur

Quote:
Yeah, James pulled the rabbit from the hat in his fight with Nunn. Nunn was really good....Rockin'
Yeah I saw that fight. Indeed, Nunn was outboxing him. Was that a left hook shot which knocked Nunn down?

Share This With Friends

Tags
sparring, today, video

User Tag List