Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 09-14-2018, 08:08 AM #1
Interim Champion

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
adamt is infamous around these partsadamt is infamous around these partsadamt is infamous around these partsadamt is infamous around these partsadamt is infamous around these partsadamt is infamous around these partsadamt is infamous around these partsadamt is infamous around these partsadamt is infamous around these partsadamt is infamous around these partsadamt is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 9,778,263.73
Default IF boxing was only scored by accurate Compubox / stats , our sport would be better

the art of boxing: to hit without getting hit!
the man who 'lands' the most punches in a fight should be declared the winner, the ONLY exception being for KO/KD's

there would be no unfairness and robberies

you would still get the anticipation at the end of the fight when the results are announced

so WHY are we still allowing 3 people with different viewing angles and opinions and other variables, to declare who landed the most punches in a fight?

i understand it is 'how its always been' but we have developed so much since then..... this needs to be changed!

i know it probbly won't, but why not?
adamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-14-2018, 08:10 AM #2
Hittin' the heavy bag.

Quoted: 11187 Post(s)
Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,415,967,677,046,391,808.00
Total Points: 6,445,967,677,046,147,072.00
Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas and All The Best for 2015 - Freedom. Buy another heavy bag, dog. - punchr Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - stephenmc 
Cheers to a great poster - Sergey Kovalev Even though I often disagree with you, I still enjoy reading your posts.  Here's a beer. - j0zef sit on this, man. it will relax you. best wishes, punchr - punchr No Message - Scott. Weiland Great post, man. - anthonydavid11 
Red's all about quality! - BoxingFan85 No Message - Scott. Weiland Peace out, brother, I was just clowning around. - !! Anorak Happy Easter and sh*t. - DionysusX Cheers! - anthonydavid11 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder LOL - Tony Trick-Pony 

If you want points fighting go watch amateur boxing. You won't though, for the same reason no one else does. It sucks. Accounting for power and effectiveness lends to much more interesting fights.
Redd Foxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:10 AM #3
Boxing Obsessed

Quoted: 2639 Post(s)
W1LL has a reputation beyond reputeW1LL has a reputation beyond reputeW1LL has a reputation beyond reputeW1LL has a reputation beyond reputeW1LL has a reputation beyond reputeW1LL has a reputation beyond reputeW1LL has a reputation beyond reputeW1LL has a reputation beyond reputeW1LL has a reputation beyond reputeW1LL has a reputation beyond reputeW1LL has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 90,846,692,347,902,197,760.00
Total Points: 90,846,692,347,902,197,760.00
Great posting, Usyk Brother! - Tony Trick-Pony 

Yea would be great, until you realize how they just make the numbers up to fit the agenda. Go and watch a Canelo fight, or a Pacquiao fight, watch 6 rounds with the sound muted and count the punches landed. Then go back and watch it with the sound and see what the official Punchstats say. They literally make it up, and 80% of you noobs treat it as gospel.
W1LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:25 AM #4
Ignore List Champion

Quoted: 16412 Post(s)
Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 117,500,153,002,579,999,064,064.00
Total Points: 123,088,855,513,009,294,934,016.00
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

You musta not watched amateur boxing when it ruled by landed punches. Was kinda a sh^tshow.

I have theorized that you could implement a type of scoring with microchips in gloves that counted punches landed + the force those landed punched had which could determine a overall level of damage for each guy. Whoever gave the most damage after each rd or after the fight reached the final bell would be the winner.

Could do away with judges & dorks counting punches with something like that.
Eff Pandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:21 AM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1522 Post(s)
RomanReigns has a reputation beyond reputeRomanReigns has a reputation beyond reputeRomanReigns has a reputation beyond reputeRomanReigns has a reputation beyond reputeRomanReigns has a reputation beyond reputeRomanReigns has a reputation beyond reputeRomanReigns has a reputation beyond reputeRomanReigns has a reputation beyond reputeRomanReigns has a reputation beyond reputeRomanReigns has a reputation beyond reputeRomanReigns has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,100,000,414,821.69
war roman reigns - Mike D lebron winning 7 is based on faith based on a wwe viewers superfaith on lebron , faith is not fact, faith is garbage compared to facts - Tha_Greatest 4 losses , fact - Tha_Greatest Hi Pedo! - Rudyo The mods love pedophiles - Rudyo 
This poster is sexually attracted to CHILDREN - Rudyo Still a Pedo guys! - Rudyo OAAAAAAAAAAAHHH I love underage girls! - Rudyo OAAAAAAAAAAAHHH I love underage girls! - Rudyo I'm the Big Dawg of the kid table! - Rudyo 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
the man who 'lands' the most punches in a fight should be declared the winner, the ONLY exception being for KO/KD's

you would still get the anticipation at the end of the fight when the results are announced

so WHY are we still allowing 3 people with different viewing angles and opinions and other variables, to declare who landed the most punches in a fight?

i understand it is 'how its always been' but we have developed so much since then..... this needs to be changed!

According to your logic Juan Manuel Marquez would be 3-1 against Manny Pacquiao because he out landed Manny in their first 2 fights.
RomanReigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:24 AM #6
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1522 Post(s)
RomanReigns has a reputation beyond reputeRomanReigns has a reputation beyond reputeRomanReigns has a reputation beyond reputeRomanReigns has a reputation beyond reputeRomanReigns has a reputation beyond reputeRomanReigns has a reputation beyond reputeRomanReigns has a reputation beyond reputeRomanReigns has a reputation beyond reputeRomanReigns has a reputation beyond reputeRomanReigns has a reputation beyond reputeRomanReigns has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,100,000,414,821.69
war roman reigns - Mike D lebron winning 7 is based on faith based on a wwe viewers superfaith on lebron , faith is not fact, faith is garbage compared to facts - Tha_Greatest 4 losses , fact - Tha_Greatest Hi Pedo! - Rudyo The mods love pedophiles - Rudyo 
This poster is sexually attracted to CHILDREN - Rudyo Still a Pedo guys! - Rudyo OAAAAAAAAAAAHHH I love underage girls! - Rudyo OAAAAAAAAAAAHHH I love underage girls! - Rudyo I'm the Big Dawg of the kid table! - Rudyo 

Quote:
Originally Posted by W1LL View Post
Yea would be great, until you realize how they just make the numbers up to fit the agenda. Go and watch a Canelo fight, or a Pacquiao fight, watch 6 rounds with the sound muted and count the punches landed. Then go back and watch it with the sound and see what the official Punchstats say. They literally make it up, and 80% of you noobs treat it as gospel.
That is actually true.
RomanReigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:39 AM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4566 Post(s)
MDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,000,000,000,000,000,905,969,664.00
Total Points: 20,000,000,000,000,001,811,939,328.00
happy holidays - Dean_Razorback Thanks! - Santa_ Thanks for the drink and I always buy a beer back ..respect - Steve plunger Good luck with your picks! - 1hourRun Cheers mate! - kafkod 
Great posts, sir - anthonydavid11 Keep up the good fight - -KULT- Cheers - Nomadic Cause pizza is great, I just had one - Mighty_Windir No Message - Dean_Razorback 
Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Cheers! - kafkod Cheers, bud - Pain~Lucy Have a beer! - CLUBBER! Great poster - Chrismart 
thanks for the points - Dean_Razorback Thx bro... - jaded Thanks! Cheers! - GhostofDempsey Cheers! - GhostofDempsey Sláinte .. Good health :) - kafkod 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - MDPopescu Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Weltschmerz Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Turd Best Ever Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Turd Best Ever 

Quote:
(...)
... I don't know what "art of boxing" really is about... but I've noticed that, sometimes, some guys "hit without being hit" for 99,9% of the time, until they get hit and get KTFO... (see Khan, for instance...)
MDPopescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:18 PM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1184 Post(s)
filup79 has a reputation beyond reputefilup79 has a reputation beyond reputefilup79 has a reputation beyond reputefilup79 has a reputation beyond reputefilup79 has a reputation beyond reputefilup79 has a reputation beyond reputefilup79 has a reputation beyond reputefilup79 has a reputation beyond reputefilup79 has a reputation beyond reputefilup79 has a reputation beyond reputefilup79 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,000,000,049,610.38
Fuck Hearn and him milking the casuals - !a! i like'd your post - !a! good poster - afgbjfgmih 

Quote:

You must not know how boxing works then. Boxing is scored by rounds not total punches landed. A fighter can have a huge round and land 40 punches in one round to win it and land 5 punches in the next 2 rounds while his opponent lands twice as many to win those 2 rounds. So in 3 rounds one fighter lands 50 punches while the other lands half that, yet he landed more punches in 2 rounds to win them and be up 2-1
filup79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:53 PM #9
Interim Champion

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
adamt is infamous around these partsadamt is infamous around these partsadamt is infamous around these partsadamt is infamous around these partsadamt is infamous around these partsadamt is infamous around these partsadamt is infamous around these partsadamt is infamous around these partsadamt is infamous around these partsadamt is infamous around these partsadamt is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 9,778,263.73

Quote:
Originally Posted by filup79 View Post
You must not know how boxing works then. Boxing is scored by rounds not total punches landed. A fighter can have a huge round and land 40 punches in one round to win it and land 5 punches in the next 2 rounds while his opponent lands twice as many to win those 2 rounds. So in 3 rounds one fighter lands 50 punches while the other lands half that, yet he landed more punches in 2 rounds to win them and be up 2-1

Ok good point,
well on a round by round basis then
adamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:19 PM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Kezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 50,000,000,000,000,004,194,304.00
Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 
Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 
Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 

Part of sport and excitement is also the unexpected , controversy does add to it even if it feels unfair at times. Stats help conversations but shouldn’t dictate the sport in my view
Kezzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
accurate, boxing, compubox, scored, sport, stats

User Tag List